Chapter 8

Hueningkai gave soobin a hug, trying to get the boy to calm down.

"Listen listen....Hyung! Don't panic...it's fine they didn't catch us and I'm not dying we escaped." Hueningkai gave a smile to soobin, who had almost hyperventilated at hueningkais wound.

"You're right ..well rest here for a bit longer..." Soobin took deep breathes and sat against the tree with Hueningkai, taking his hand to calm himself down.

"Was there anyone good at the palace?" Hueningkai caught his breathe from running.

"I had a friend named yeonjun, he was a guard. Then a friend from the stables, his name's Taehyun. I hope they're alright without me." Soobin smiled sadly, wishing he could write to his friends to ask how they've been. How long had it been since he was gone now?

Taehyun was very gentle with wrapping his arms around beomgyu to hold the reigns, he knew the boy would loudly complain if he touched his bruise.

Taehyun kicked the horse and started with a slow trot to get beomgyu adjusted to the feeling of a horse. Trotting was more uncomfortable than racing.

Beomgyu didn't like all the bouncing that came with trotting. He tried to steady himself by holding onto Taehyuns thighs but it was still so bouncy, it felt like he'd fall off.

"I'm going to gallop now alright?" Taehyun warned beomgyu, beomgyu nodded and braced himself.

Taehyun made sure his arms would be there if beomgyu needed something to grab and whipped the reigns, making the horse go much faster than before. It was smoother than a trot and felt easier to stay on. But the speed was scary.

Beomgyu adjusted to the speed and the breeze actually felt nice going through his hair. He wanted to know how to ride a horse now.

Beomgyu laughed and sat up a bit to feel more of the wind. It was such a nice day to be outside of the castle. Especially when Taehyun was taking him to a far corner of the castles land.

Taehyun found himself unconsciously smiling at the cheering boy in front of him. He could smell the lavender scent he had bathed with from the wind.

Taehyun held beomgyus waist to make sure he didn't fly forward as he slowed down. Stopping at a lake with a small dock.

"It's the royal 'pond' but large enough to be a lake." Taehyun smiled and got off the horse.

Taehyun reached up to help beomgyu off the horse, careful to not touch his bruise.

Beomgyu smiled and as soon as Taehyun set him down he ran to the water. It didn't feel like they were at the castle now. It just seemed like a nice getaway spot in the village.

"Don't even think about running I have a horse to snatch you right here." Taehyun reminded beomgyu not to try anything.

Taehyun released the horse, letting it graze. He trusted it not to run since she was his horse.

Taehyun went to sit on the dock while beomgyu wandered around the edge of the pond.

His attention was diverted when he saw a small gleam against the south castle wall. It was a sword? But out in the middle of the castle grounds? It was peculiar to say the least.

"Taehyun! There's a snake! There was a snake!" beomgyu came running up to him very fast and scared.

"Don't hang on me, they're everywhere you should know to watch your step. It didn't bite you did it?" Taehyun examined the boy.

"No."

"Then you're fine. Sit down and eat the sandwich I made you. If you weren't stubborn and got tackled this morning we'd be halfway done with lessons by now.

Beomgyu sat beside Taehyun, taking a bite of the sandwich, noticing Taehyun left the tomatoes out for him.

"You won't get in trouble for taking me here right?" Beomgyu said through stuffed cheeks.

Taehyun shook his head. "no, I'm allowed to take you anywhere on the castle grounds if I seem it learning."

Beomgyu smiled at Taehyun. He had his head back, eyes closed, just enjoying the sun on his face. For a minute beomgyu swore he could like him.

"You aren't half bad sometimes." Beomgyu said while taking another large bite of the sandwich.

"Jesus speak or chew not both." Taehyun patted beomgyu back when he coughed on bread.

"I take it back, a little less than sometimes." Beomgyu glared at taehyuns teasing.

Taehyun couldn't think of any reason why being with beomgyu was refreshing to him, even if he was a pain In the ass. He was having fun.

"Your highness! Your highness!" A guard on horseback had rode up to them. Taehyun sat up immediately, pretending to not be fraternizing with his highness.

Beomgyu had shoved the rest of the sandwich in his mouth to hide the evidence as the soldier arrived.

"There's been rumors of a group targeting the royal family, his Royal majesty would like you to personally escort the young prince to the castle, he doesn't want him outside until further notice." The guard read from an announcement letter to Taehyun, making Taehyun stand and now, hand over his heart.

"Yes of course, thank you for delivering." Taehyun waited until the guard rode off to help beomgyu up.

"Is that bad? They're not really going to try to assassinate the royal family right?" Beomgyu looked at taehyuns face concerned as he got helped back up on the horse.

"No, we get threats a lot, this is probably just a precaution. Don't worry about it." Taehyun assured beomgyu that he was safe and galloped all the way back to the castle.

Taehyun helped beomgyu off of the horse and handed her to another stable keep to be put away. Taehyun escorted beomgyu past the guards and into the castle, as a security measure.

"Let's get your bruise cleaned up ok?"