Chapter 42

Lunch had come and gone. Beomgyus stubbornness defeated yeonjun.

Yeonjun had left around two hours ago to do his guarding shift at the gates. He left the lunch tray down on the floor, but it had gotten cold at this point.

The sun was dimming, it must've been around 8:00pm now.....it was early but beomgyu didn't want to do anything but sleep.

Grabbing the doorhandle, he lifted himself to his one good foot and hopped to the bed.

The soft sheets against his leg and ankle provided some comfort to the giant empty bed.

He wondered if Taehyun was at least alright.

Taehyun couldn't be less than alright right now....

He had woken up in another cold sweat from his second nightmare already. He went to sleep around lunch so that he would have energy to hike to the castle and break in tonight too.

He was currently hiding out at their little cabin they had been fixing up when everything went to hell. It was so small, but felt so big when he was so lonely there.

He paced around after standing to try to push the nightmares from his mind, but he just kept suffering from the dark thoughts, that created the nightmares.

"TAEHYUN!!!!" beomgyu had been restrained by guards in the royal booth. All the royals had. Soobin. The king. The queen. And Beomgyu. Like they were puppets.

Taehyun only looked down to his hands, which were bound as he sat on his knees, in the middle of a crowd of people.

He heard soobin yelling, angry for once as it looked like he was trying to break free of the chairs the royals were bound to.

And then Taehyun heard someone beside him, lightly crying as both he and the crying person got their heads placed on a block forcefully.

He wished that he could only see the person next to him. Everything about this was terrifying. Was this the bad ending if he chose wrongly?

He never got to figure out, because the nightmare had ended with a blade falling through Taehyuns neck.

Taehyun splashed his face and saw that the moon had now come out, was it already 10-ish?

He grabbed his shoes and laced them up, as quickly as possible. He was eager to see the very people he was being arrested for.

"Well, that was awful." Hueningkai gave a sarcastic laugh and tried to cheer soobin up.

Their lunch date had been cut short by the king announcing that lessons would begin again for the princes, since no danger had happened recently.

Hueningkai had followed soobin around the whole day through his lessons, as per soobins requirement.

He had kept going on and on about how Taehyun wouldn't say 'dont let Hueningkai out of your sight' for no reason. It seemed like they had trusted eachother their whole lives.

Whereas soobin and Hueningkai never talked about anything from their far pasts, or their dirty secrets....he knew soobin was curious about his past.

He said he would wait for when Hueningkai was ready to share, making Hueningkai feel even more bad for not wanting to tell.

Are we just not meant to be?

"Can you stop getting lost in thoughts, it's weird for you to do that. Lessons are lessons it's fine I've done them my whole life, but we should go see if yeonjun actually managed to get beomgyu to his. Not like Taehyun is here to keep watch on us all."

Soobin held the door for Hueningkai as they entered soobins bedroom for the night, the safest place they could be.

Soobin noticed a letter on his nightstand and opened the envelope.

Hueningkai panicked, but realized the envelope about the engagement was still in his pocket, so they had sent two letters for soobin in one day?

"Whats it say?" Hueningkai laid on the bed, stretching out.

"Dearest Hueningkai, it is to my understanding you have been in the castle for quite some time now, if prince soobin names you to live here, we can have your own room prepared at any moment.
Sincerely, the staff."

Soobin read the words with obvious concern. Now they were trying to seperate them just because they sleep in the same room? There's probably so many rumors about both princes being gay.

"Hey....don't stress about it, cuddles?" Hueningkai rolled over and made grabby hands towards the shy smiling soobin.

Soobin was pink, and couldnt hide the sheepish smile, but played into hueningkais arms without hesitance.

Taehyun had little struggle climbing the terrace tonight, merely a few cuts from the roses.

It was all worth it to see beomgyus sleeping face illuminated by the moonlight.

Although, it looked like he hadn't moved much since the last time he saw him. The note on the desk hadn't even been touched.

Taehyun wanted to fix the blanket to cover beomgyu more, but feared it might wake him, so he simply went over to the note and sighed.

Why hadn't he read it? That means no one was warned of the precautions while he was away.

" Taehyun?" Beomgyus voice made Taehyuns body freeze in place.

Taehyun turned around to see beomgyu rubbing his eyes, drowsy, but fully alert of the chance that he may be face to face with Taehyun right now.

Taehyun had been caught, but he didn't really see the point in hiding that he was here from beomgyu, in fact, this was an opportunity to tell him.

"Beom....hey...." Taehyun gave a breathy smile and rushed over to give a much-awaited hug.

Beomgyu clung to Taehyun, taking in his scent. It smelled like woods, it wasn't hard to guess where he was hiding out.

"I'm sure you want an explanation now..." Taehyun pulled away to look at beomgyus relieved, but tired eyes.

Beomgyu only nodded. Of course you'd want an explanation of why your lover got woken up in bed with you to be arrested for some ridiculous thing, THEN ran away without another word.

"An explanation would be nice, yes."