Chapter 28

"shh." Taehyun very quietly pinned beomgyu to the ground, trying to hear every single noise in the forest.

Someone had definitely been watching them.

Beomgyu knew he should be terrified, Hueningkai and Soobin were at the house so whoever was watching wasn't a friend.

But why did Taehyun smell so good?

A perfect view of his collarbones and neck? The slight rise and fall when he breathed, he was so close that beomgyu could hear Taehyuns heartbeat.

It was going crazy, maybe because he was afraid?

His swooning over Taehyun only grew by leaps and bounds when Taehyun had assessed the danger was gone and turned to look at beomgyu, faces an inch apart.

Taehyun caught his breath in his throat.

He's breathtaking...

Taehyun had never felt more compulsive then right now. He wanted to kiss the parted lips where he could feel soft shaky breathes landing on his own.

"Beomgyu." Taehyuns voice was lower than usual, and he was still whispering for some reason.

Beomgyu barely noticed Taehyun had said something. He was too busy staring back and forth between Taehyun two eyes. His gorgeous eyes.

Oh my God!! What's wrong with me!!! No! Don't fall for the stupid bossy jerk!!

Beomgyu tried to snap himself out of it by answering. "Yes, what?" He faked his usual bratty tone, acting indifferent to Taehyun being and inch from his lips and NOT moving.

"If I tell you to run, don't look back alright?" Taehyuns words had crushed any romance beomgyu felt in the moment.

Beomgyu grabbed onto Taehyuns shirt collar to keep him close against himself. "W-why would I need to run?! What about you?!" Beomgyu whisper-yelled to Taehyun.

"It's my job to protect you, if I say run you have to run alright? I want you to carefully stand up with me." Taehyun ripped away from beomgyus grasp.

Taehyun drew his sword, standing back to back with beomgyu, waiting for any rustle of leaves.

A branch snapped.

"Run!" Taehyun pushed beomgyu to go as he aimed his sword and went to approach the danger.

Beomgyu wanted to stay with Taehyun. Why should his life be protected and not Taehyuns?

He at least wanted to leave him with a kiss... But the fear of them both seeing eachother and him having to face the kiss was too great.

"WHY ARENT YOU RUNNING?!" Taehyun spotted beomgyu still frozen in the spot he left him.

Between making sure beomgyu was safe and fighting this threat, Taehyun couldn't do both.

"I need you to run!" Taehyun repeated, desperate to be able to focus on one thing.

Beomgyu wished he didn't make that deal with keeping his promises...he couldn't run with his ankle, but to keep face he ran. On a nearly broken ankle.

"I...l-l...luh...." Hueningkai forgot the next sound as he tried to read the last line of soobins letter.

"It's O." Soobin smiled, amused at the way hueningkais face pouted in confusion Everytime he tried to sound something out.

"I....Lo...love...you?" Hueningkai tried again and realized he'd been played.

"I love you too!!!aww!!" Soobin gushed and squished Hueningkai in a hug.