Chapter twenty four

Chapter twenty four

Rodger’s POV

“Daniel.” I hiss, he did this. I turn away from her and begin down the hallway, already thinking about things I will do to him.

      “Wait! No! Please!” she screams, standing in the hallway behind us. Tears fill her eyes and run down her cheeks. Her fragile body shakes with fear and her face is slightly bruised on her cheek bones.

      “You don’t understand!” she yells after me, grabbing my arm quickly and turning me to face her.

      “There isn’t anything to misunderstand.” I growl, anger bubbling inside of me as I look into her eyes. My anger isn’t aimed to her, although she should have told me, she should have told me sooner so I could have kicked his ass right after it happened. But the anger is for him. He did this to her, he hurt her like no one should have. And I won’t let him get away with it.

      “You can’t tell him you know-….”

      “We’re not going to tell him anything. We are just going to beat the shit out of him.” Dalton butts in, stepping forward, making her turn to him for a second, the fear clear in her eyes.

            “Please…” she whimper, her words making he feel like I have been punched in the stomach. The fear and worry

      “Just leave us to do what we need to.” I tell her, turning away from her and back towards the stairs, the need to beat the shit out of him getting to where I cannot stand it anymore.

      “He’ll do it again! He’ll make my life horrible!” she yells, tears running down her cheeks, her body shaking with more sob. We all turn around, the guys have anger in their eyes also and I know they want to do the same thing to him as I do. I turn to her and take her arm gently in my hand, hoping this will comfort her.

      “He won’t do anything.” I tell her softly, looking into her eyes, trying to reassure him.

      “That’s what you thought before, didn’t you?” she whispers, her face crumbles and I feel my jaw clench, knowing he did this to her. “Please…. Don’t let him know you know….. he will come after me again.”

      I can’t stand to see her like this. I can’t stand to hear the fear and pain in her words, I engulf her in my arms, holding her tightly as her body shakes under my grasp and her tears leak onto my shirt. I watch as the guys take a step forward, not exactly knowing what to do but I shake my head slightly and they nod, understanding, and turn and make their way back to their rooms.

      I will deal with Daniel later.

      An hour later we both lay in her bed, her still being held tightly in my arms. She has drifted into a light sleep and I sit up slowly, knowing I have business that needs taking care of. I slide off the bed and stand to my feet, looking back to her, making sure I didn’t wake her. Her shirt has slid up slightly on her stomach and I grimace when I see the dark purple bruises on her ribs. My hand clench into fists and anger burns inside of me and I am out the door in a second. I tare my way down the stairs and out the front door, slamming the door to my car shut and speeding off out of the driveway.

      I wait in the parking lot until the lunch hour. Kids spill from the building. Most of the kids in his group take off the eat somewhere else, he goes to his house or messes around in the parking lot. I watch as he walks out of the building with his friends and he laughs at something they say.