Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Thirty Four

            “Kay, be right back.” I tell Tanner as I open the car door and walk to my front door. I find all the windows on the front of the house pitch black, telling me none of the lights are on. Maybe they went to bed?

            I silently hope they have as I push open the door slowly and sneak in. I tip toe down the hallways and up the stairs, making it soundlessly to my door.

            Until the floor creaks.

            I curse under my breath and am about to push the door of my room open quickly before I am cornered for questioning but I am to slow.

            “Stop right there! I caught you!” a little voice says commandingly. I close my eyes and sigh before slowly turning around and finding Chris pointing a finger at me, his eyes slit into a glare as the others stand behind him, giving me the same look.

            “Yep. You caught me.” I grumble unhappily.

            “Where were you?” Thomas demands.

            “Out.” I shrug.

            “Where?” Dalton presses.

            “Out.”

            “And you just had to climb out your window right?”

            “Guess so.” I shrug again.

            “Yea well, thanks to you we have all missed out on some sleep.” Jake grumbles.

            “I didn’t wait for you guys to wait up for me.” I snap. “I’m a big girl, I can take care of myself.”

            They continue to glare at me and I look at them, one after another. Jake is standing in the doorway of the room they have exited, leaning lazily against one side, Rodger on the other side, watching me unhappily with his arms crossed.

            “Listen, I have to go so I will talk to you guys later.” I shake my head and turn into my room.

            “Where are you going now?”

            “Staying at a friend’s house for a while.”

            “You mean his house?” he snaps, his voice and words ringing through my ears.

            My mouth falls open and I slowly turn around, not sure if it was him that spoke. When I have fully turned myself around I find everyone staring at Rodger, their faces holding just as much surprise as mine.

            But so is Rodger’s.

            He opens his mouth, his eyes meeting mine.

            “I’m sorry….. I don’t know where that came from.” He explains but I turn away and hurry inside my bedroom, shutting the door behind me quickly.

            I shake my head, so many things running through my mind at once it makes my breathless. I shake it off though, not wanting to think about any of it. That is why I was staying with Tanner for the rest of the week. I needed to get away from here, from the thoughts, the feelings, the people.

            The memories.

            I pull a duffle bag out from under my bed and begin shoving things inside. When I am done I leave the bedroom and walk into my bathroom, grabbing the things I need from there before zipping up the bag and taking a deep breath, dreading the time when I have to walk out of this room and face them again.

            I walk out of the bathroom and to my door, my hand on the door knob, I shut my eyes once more before twisting the knob and swinging it open. They are still there, just as I thought and I groan inwardly before stepping out of the room and into the hallway.

            “See you guys later.” I tell them before walking down the hallway and to the stairs, waiting for them to call after me, for them to yell at me.

            But they don’t.

            Well, that’s the first.

            Just as I am thinking this I hear hurried footsteps behind me and someone grabs my hand. I turn to face them, trying to pull my hand away when I am caught in his blue eyes. I intake a quick breath and feel my eyes widen.

            I pull my hand away hastily and look to the floor.

            “Please, I have to talk to you.” he pleads softly.

            How can this be him? It’s his voice, his face, his eyes, his body, but how could he not have his memories? How could he not remember me? Or anything we have done?

            “I can’t… I’m sorry…” I whisper, beginning to turn painfully away from him but he grabs my wrist again, this time his grip is much tighter.

            “You don’t understand! I think I am beginning to remember! I am feeling things-…..”

            “Don’t.” I say, my tone hard.

            “What?” he asks me softly.

            “I can’t do this.” I shake my head. “I just need to get away from a while. I can’t do this right now.”

            “Does this have anything to do with how you were acting earlier?” he questions.

            I open my mouth for a second, my eyes meeting his, his question catching me off guard.

            “That’s what I thought.” He says softly. “We can help you. From what they have told me, we used to. And you used to help us.” he pauses, his eyes searching mine. “It could help me try and remember you.” he adds.

            “No,” I say hastily, jerking my hand away from his, his eyes looking down at my wrist before he grabs it again, flipping it so he can see my scars.

            “Did you-…..”

            “I have to go.” I say, once more trying to pull my hand away but he keeps a firm grip.

            “Tell me what happened.” He says firmly.

            “No.”

            “Why not?”

            “Because you should have already known.” The words flow from my mouth without me meaning for them to be heard. His face breaks slightly and his grip loosens, making my arm fall down to my side. I see movement at the top of the stairs and find all of them watching us, their mouths gapping, their eyes wide.

            Without saying another word, or anything, I turn away from him and run from the room. I flee the house and run to the car. Any other times my eyes would have been watering with tears, my body racking with sobs, but by now, I have cried all my tears.

Heyyyyy guys! :D Again, I am so so so sorry that it is so short! I am beginning to get stuck on this story, which is not good at all but hopefully I will be able to work around it. :)

I have begun to brainstorm the ending, yes, the ending. As sad as it may seem, this story has to be put to a end sometime..... :(

The dedication is to eecA_V for the AMAZING cover for 'Seeing Him Again.' I love it! Thank you so much! :)

Well readers, I hope you liked it! Please don't forget to comment\vote for this chapter! Thank you soooooo much! :D

Have a wonderful rest of the week! :)