Chapter twenty one

Chapter twenty one

      The next morning I wake up and find Rodger’s arm tight around my waist and his chest against my back. His breath hits my ear slightly I shiver. I turn towards him and take in his features. His lips are slightly parted, a few freckles litter his sharp cheeks, his dark hair hangs in his eyes slightly. I move it away and smile when he begins to stir. His eyes flutter open and he smiles when he sees me. his hold becomes tighter and he pulls me closer to him.

      Sometime afterward he had put on boxers and I underwear and a bra. I don’t quite remember when but we did. Now the other things, I remember.

      I smile when I recall some of last night’s events and he smiles to.

      “What?” he asks chuckling slightly, his hand making circles on the small of my back.

      “Just remembering.” I say softly.

      “Well let me help you make more memories to remember.” He says, his voice gruff as he rolls me over so he is straddling my waist. He leans down and presses his lips to mine and I wrap my hands around his neck, pulling him closer.

      There is a loud knocking on the door and they try to open the door but I laugh as I remembered we locked it.

      “When the hell are you two coming down!?” Thomas calls. I open my mouth, about to ask Rodger how he knew he too was in here. “And I know you’re in there Rodger, I went to your room! The last time we seen either of you two was when you came upstairs!”

      “Yea! So come and get your rat!” Dalton calls.

      “Squirrel!” I call laughing as I slide on some jean shorts and a tank top, waiting until Rodger too has pulled his on.

      When we are both dressed I open the door and find the two standing there, staring back. Dalton thrusts the little gray ball into my hands and I laugh again.

      “We just fed it.” Thomas says.

      I smile, about to thank them but they smile at something, someone, that stands behind me. Rodger’s hands slide onto my hips as he stands behind me and I lean back into him. The two brothers in front of us exchange looks before bursting into laughter and running down the stairs.

      “We win! Where is our twenty bucks!?” they call to the kids downstairs.

      I turn to face Rodger and smile, he presses his forehead to mine and my smile widens. A smile stretches out onto his lips and me leans down, brushing his lips with mine. His hold on my hips tighten and he pulls me closer but I pull back.

      “I need to put her up.” I say softly, gesturing to the ball in my hand. He pulls the rest of the way away slowly, regretfully and I walk past him and set the bundle of fur onto my bed.

      “Have you named it yet?” he asks me as I walk back to him.

      “Not yet.” I say, looking over my shoulder.

      “You should name it Sandy, like off of SpongeBob.” He tells me as we walk down the hall and to the stairs.

      “Sounds good to me.” I say, just as he takes his hand in mine.

      “Brook! Brook! Wake up! School! School!” a little kid chirps in my ear.

      I open my eyes and find Christopher standing beside my bed, a backpack strapped to his shoulder. Him and his brother Kale returned home a few days ago, due to the summer ending and all.