Chapter Forty

Chapter Forty

      The next day is Monday. The day that everyone is dreading, the day that everyone hates the most out of all the days of the week. The day that puts a end to your weekend and starts a new and long week of school work.

      But this Monday is different because today Rodger goes back to school.

      Thomas and I played rock paper scissors for who gets to show him to all his classes today and sadly I am terrible at that game and lost, letting him show Rodger around and not me.

      So now I am standing at my locker, putting away my things and getting ready for lunch. My first four classes flew by, allowing me to be comforted of the thought that Rodger will be in eyes view when I reach the cafeteria.

      By now the halls are all empty for everyone has fled to the lunch room to feed their rumbling stomachs and begin the endless chatter with their peers.

      I haven’t seen Tori nor Kate before lunch so I am all alone on my walk down the hallway. The hallway that gives me the creeps due to the events that took place months ago with one person. The person whose words still echo in my mind.

      If you tell anyone, I will fucking make your life the worst.

      And now he was out of jail, freed, ready to come after me.

      And that scared the living shit right out of me.

      I walk quickly to the lunch room, trying to get away from the hallway that caused these thoughts to stir the most.

      When I have reached the cafeteria finally I throw open the wooden doors quickly and hurry inside. My stomach that had once rumbled with hunger now lurches with uneasiness and I hurry to my table, eager to sit down.

      When I have made it safely to my seat I sit down quickly and Tori, who sits across from me, raises a eyebrow.

      “You okay?” she asks me slowly and I nod slowly before squeezing my eyes shut when the movement makes my stomach lurch even more.

      I put my head in my hands, trying to block out the light from my eyes.

      Why is the cafeteria so bright?

      The light burns my eyes and gives me a slight headache. The sound of laughter and the voices is so loud thy bounces from one side of my brain to another, making the throbbing in my head worse. I clench my teeth shut and squeeze my eye tighter, pressing one of my fingers against each of my ears to block out some of the noise.

      What was going on?

      “Brooklyn?”