The White Tomb

Ashlyn disillusioned herself and walked up to the Astronomy Tower. She had a body to uncover. Maybe she could levitate it towards the forest, and leave it there. They'd find it later.

The Astronomy tower was silent except for the faint phoenix song and the whistling wind.

Ashlyn looked around and finally found him...the Death Eater...he had his eyes closed...

Ashlyn breathed a sigh of relief. At the last moment, she had disillusioned him and thrown him into a corner. If had been bleeding his face wouldn't have the surprised expression he did now, but it would be contorted in pain. Still, it didn't change the fact that he had lost a lot of blood because of her.

Ashlyn was cheering inside, glad that she hadn't directly killed someone, as she levitated the dead body and sent it over to an edge of the woods. Hagrid might find it later....or maybe the thestrals would smell the blood and have a feast, or maybe even Buckbeak might find him tasty...

Ashlyn slumped down onto the cold stone floor. She wanted to cry, but tears didn't seem to want to leave. So she decided to imagine instead...

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and everyone else hated her now...She didn't think she would be invited to Bill and Fleur's wedding. She was a traitor to them now...she was one, anyway. Snape must have felt this way all the time. Maybe she could hold on too...

The Golden Trio would go on a Horcrux hunt. Welp, now they wouldn't take her.

Ashlyn lied down on the floor, and looked up at the night sky, trying not to look at the Dark Mark, trying to forget all that had happened their a few hours ago.

She heaved a sigh. Maybe she could stay at Hogwarts and rebel against the Carrows treachery...she'd be killed...so she would have to flee...Maybe she could live as a vigilante...fighting and stopping the Death Eaters...Then she'd appear one day in front of the Golden Trio, and give them the Horcruxes, and go 'I've always had them. All you had to do was ask'...she'd get hexed by them, then...She also would sing praises of Regulus Black, make sure everyone knew...break into the Ministry, cause havoc just for the fun of it...That would be fun...

She looked to her side and hoped the jar would just pop up in front of her with a little note telling her he was okay, and then she could write back...she should have fixed that issue first instead of focusing on the traceability problem, now nothing had been resolved.

She watched the sky lighten up, paint itself purple, pink, then a light blue. 

The door to the Tower creaked open, and Ashlyn looked up.

"Hey," Ginny said guiltily.

"Hello," Ashlyn said, going back to observing the sky.

"What are you doing?" Ginny asked plopping down beside her.

"Oh, nothing," Ashlyn said simply. "Just watching the clouds,"

"Oh," Ginny said as she looked at the sky too.

After a few minutes, Ginny burst out, "I'm sorry! I-I don't know what came over me, just...I'm really sorry,"

"It doesn't matter," Ashlyn said dismissively, with a small smile. "I was expecting it,"

"Say," Ashlyn said suddenly. "Does that look like a niffler? It does! From this side, it looks more like a Christmas tree, but I'll stick with niffler,"

Ginny looked at her, guilt-ridden in her eyes. 

"I read this somewhere," Ashlyn said. "Do you ever wonder, if the clouds look down at us and go, 'Hey, look, that one's shaped like an idiot!' "