3Ds

The new term started the next morning with a pleasant surprise for the sixth years: a large sign had been pinned to the common room notice boards overnight.

APPARITION LESSONS

If you are seventeen years of age or will turn seventeen on or before the 31st August next, you are eligible for a twelve-week course of Apparition Lessons from a Ministry of Magic Apparition instructor. Please sign below if you would like to participate. Cost: 12 Galleons.

Ashlyn signed her name at the bottom of the list and made her way to the owlery

"Guess who, Won-Won?" she heard Lavender trill. Shaking her head, she climbed out of the Portrait hole.

"Hey Dawn," Ashlyn said as the owl swooped down onto her outstretched hand.

"No, you don't have to go out," she said. "The Great Hall. Just across the tables to Malfoy,"

Dawn gave a sour hoot and took off with the letter clasped in his beak. Sighing, Ashlyn went down to breakfast.

She sat beside Hermione who was chatting with Neville, pointedly ignoring Ron and Lavender. Shaking her head, Ashlyn helped herself to toast. The talk everywhere was about the apparition, and Harry was being bombarded with questions on how side-along apparition worked. Seeing the crowd surrounding Harry, Ashlyn was glad that they didn't know she had done the same many times already.

"I've heard its really uncomfortable," Neville was saying.

Ashlyn looked overhead to see Dawn flying towards the Slytherin table.

And to her complete surprise, Malfoy took the letter Dawn had dropped on his plate, and without even a glance at what was written in it, he tore it into bits and dropped it on the ground.

Malfoy looked up at her with a dirty scowl and stalked off from the Great Hall.

Ashlyn blinked in confusion. Whatever happened to that idiot?

Ashlyn sat there, in the RoR, still expecting Malfoy. She had completed her homework half an hour ago and was reading a novel now, glancing at her watch now and then.

9:45....10:30...11:00...12:05...

Slamming the door shut behind her, she stormed out of the RoR. Whatever on earth was that git's problem he better sort it out soon.

Ashlyn did the same the next day, and the next...

Ashlyn was already in a terrible mood when Harry caught her on the way to potions and filled her in on what Dumbledore had shown him.

"Why are you telling me this two days late?" Ashlyn sighed.

"It's not like I didn't try," Harry fired. "We never get to see you, even Hermione doesn't know where you go,"

"Yeah, even I'm not sure why I go. I've got much better things to do," Ashlyn shot. "Now, what is it that you want me to do?"

"You've ever heard of Horcruxes?" Harry whispered as the crowd lined up against the door.

"It is an ancient, powerful piece of magic, dark magic if you will," Ashlyn said.

"Of course it is," Harry said. "What does it do?"

Ashlyn thought for a second, then shook her head.

"Dumbledore might have a plan, I think you need to find it out for yourself," she said.