Wishing on a star

She was running. Her limbs were covered in cuts and bruises. She was running for her life. She tripped on a rock and fell. She knew this place. The forbidden forest. 

What? 

The dementors were closing in she felt a chill run up her spine and her bones rattled in the cold despair. She had no more energy left in her. She gave up as the dementor drew closer.
Beep beep.Beep beep

Wait. 

Which dementor says beep beep? The hell?!

Her eyes snapped open and the realization hit her. She groaned, reaching for her phone to switch off the goddamned alarm. 

"Dementors? Really out of all the things FREAKING DEMENTORS?! Ugh. I'm not watching that damn Harry Potter anymore"

Y/N L/N, a 16-year-old girl with H/C hair and E/C eyes, was a straight-A student, in fact, she was the top of her grade, a total bookworm, a music freak, and a die-hard Potterhead. Earlier that day she had a Harry Potter movie marathon and now God there were dementors in her dream. she knew she'd never really stop watching the movies over and over again. She was a Potterhead. The Wizarding World was her religion and J.K.Rowling was her god.

(A/N: I can't believe it came to this. Just to clear it up, I mean only skill-wise. She is a wonderful writer and that is all I mean by this line.)

She squinted at the phone in the dark. 1:15 am, it read. Why the hell would she want to wake up at 1:15 am?!

Cursing the past her for setting the weird alarms she prepared to go to bed again. Why was she so stupid? Obviously, she never woke up on time, even if she had hundreds of alarms and all the elaborate planning she had done the night before would go to the drains like they always did. This early in the morning that too... now sleep wouldn't come easily to her, and she might just stay awake. . .

Then it hit her. It had slipped her mind for a bit.

She jumped out of bed and ran to the window ripped the curtains open and threw the window open. She internally thanked her past self for setting the alarm. Well, maybe she wasn't that stupid after all. 

There was a meteor shower in around twenty minutes. 

She leaned out of the window feeling the cold breeze gently caress her cheeks and blow through her hair. The sweet smell of the ground and the trees wafted in. the sky was spilled with stars blinking at her............not.
What could you expect in a city? There were no trees around, only the hedges and bushes. The air smelled of pollution, and slightly of barbeque. Her neighbours must have had some nice grilled chicken. And the sky, it was as clear as clear could be. 

Y/N sighed.

As the minutes dragged on Y/N thought of what she should wish for. There was her grades, her future job, the money, of course, wait, unlimited pizza, well she wouldn't mind if it was chocolate or ice cream. 

Though she didn't believe that her wish would come true, she wanted to try it. It sounded very hopeful. To wish upon a star. 

It was really naive, hoping that a piece of rock and burning gas would change her fate. But weren't most things just that naive. Everyone makes plans for their future when there is no guarantee that they'll be there to see the next day. Naive hope. 

It was rather stupid, really. Foolish. Ridiculous. . .Riddikulus.

She scoffed lightly at her own 'ridiculousness' and continued to stare out of the window at the sky. 

She let her fantasies run wild until the moment came. The burning piece of rock zoomed across the sky and at that moment her mind drew a blank. Come on, wish for something, Anything! 

The shooting star had vanished. 

Y/N sighed. And that's one gone.

Well, it was a shower, she could wait for a bit longer. 

She did. And she stared at the sky, as glowing streaks flew across it. Somewhere, there would be someone else, staring at the same sky and watching the meteors fly. Somewhere, there would be some else like her, hoping. Maybe they would be wishing like her too. . .

If she remembered to wish, that is.

Y/N groaned. 

"Oh, screw this," she muttered. She was so enthraled by the sight, she had actually forgotten to wish for anything. 

She sighed and stared at the dull, empty sky. She was such an idiot. 

But the longer she looked, she started seeing the smallest of specks that glittered against the velvet background. It was slow, really slow. 

One small star at a time, and then before she knew it, the sky which had looked bland a few minutes ago, seemed to shine ever so brilliantly.

And she gaped at it, speechless. 

Welp, she didn't think there were so many stars that night. She should take a photo of this, it was too beautiful to forget.

She stumbled across her dark room, and shuffled the sheets on her bed and extracted her phone and held it up. 

But not a single star was seen in the picture she had taken. Great camera quality her phone had. 

Shaking her head, she threw the phone back onto the bed and continued looking out of the window.

Maybe she could make a wish now. Just for the sake of doing it. If it did come true, then that would be incredible. If it didn't. . .well, nothing new there. Since when did things ever go as she wanted. Nothing she hadn't expected. That was just the way it was.

She sighed and blurted out the first thing that came to her mind.

"Please, let me live a brand new life in the Wizarding World," 

Then Y/N facepalmed. 

"Gosh! Out of all the things in the world that is what I wish for?" she scoffed. "Good Lord! I hope someone saves me. Ha. Wizarding World. SERIOUSLY! Wizarding world".

She got into bed, shaking her head. Of all the things she could have wished for. There were much more realistic things, weren't there? She could have wished for money, or food, or hell, even 'happiness' or 'world peace'.
But nope! She had to wish for something she could never have.

Although, it wouldn't be that bad. . .In fact, it would be wonderful if it came true.

It was so wonderful, she knew it wouldn't happen. There was no way, it would.

Slowly, she drifted off to sleep thinking about how she would try to bake a cake from scratch tomorrow and how she will end up using the ready-made mix and waste a whole lot of ingredients.