Flight of the Prince

"Out of here, quickly," said Snape.

Ashlyn could act now. She pointed her shaking wand at the group of Death Eater trying to leave the tower and sent a disarming charm. 

And to her horror, she knocked the wands out of Malfoy's hand.

Alecto Carrow reacted the quickest, and send a purple curse at her, which Ashlyn deflected easily.

Snape had summoned Malfoy's wand and was now dragging him by the scruff of his neck, forcing his through the door.

"Petrificus Totalus!" Harry yelled as Ashlyn lifted her charm.

The Death Eater buckled as though hit in the back with something solid and fell to the ground, rigid as a waxwork, but he had barely hit the floor when Harry was clambering over him and running down the darkened staircase.

Ashlyn let Harry go first. He wouldn't be able to stop himself from wanting to see Dumbledore, anyway.

 The dimly lit corridor was full of dust; half the ceiling seemed to have fallen in, and a battle was raging before them.

"It's over, time to go!"  Snape said.

 Fenrir had fallen on top of Harry who fell backwards, with filthy matted hair in his face.

Ashlyn sent a red jet which hit Fenrir. Harry pushed him off and ran after Snape and Malfoy, Ashlyn hot on his trail, as they dodged green jets of lights flying overhead.

Amycus was giggling, enjoying the sport: "Crucio — Crucio — you can't dance forever, pretty —" Ginny was dodging his spells.

"Impedimenta!" yelled Harry.

His jinx hit Amycus in the chest: He gave a piglike squeal of pain, was lifted off his feet and slammed into the opposite wall, slid down it, and fell out of sight behind Ron, Professor McGonagall, and Lupin, each of whom was battling a separate Death Eater Tonks fighting an enormous blond wizard who was sending curses flying in all directions, so that they ricocheted off the walls around them, cracking stone, shattering the nearest window —

"Take that!" shouted Professor McGonagall, the female Death Eater, Alecto, sprinting away down the corridor with her arms over her head, her brother right behind her. 

Ashlyn aimed her spell at the blonde one. She was going to do it horribly. Oh, she just felt like breaking a few bones at that moment.

'Levicorpus' she thought, pointing her wand and the next moment, the Death Eater was hoisted by his foot. 

"Sectumsempra," she muttered and watched with satisfaction as deep gashes formed all over his face and torso, blood sprouting from everywhere. 

She didn't have time to register the horror on Ron's and Sirius's face, as she hurried over to Neville who was on the floor, bleeding.

"Episkey," she muttered, as she plopped Neville against a wall.

Then she ran downstairs, into the corridor. The Portraits were shrieking and running in and out of frames.

 As she leapt the wreckage of armour, Ashlyn heard more shouts and screams; other people within the castle seemed to have awoken. . . .

Harry was running a few feet ahead.

Ashlyn was conflicted...then decided to act on impulse. 

"Protego!" she yelled, at the end of the corridor.

"Ashlyn! What's going on? We heard shouts," Ernie said as he hurried over in his pyjamas.

"Death Eaters," she said and his face paled.