Petrified

Ashlyn just shrugged. "I'm still working on it," she said.

It was not a lie. She was still working on how she should let them know. That night, Ashlyn lie awake in her bed when,

"Hey," Hermione said softly.

"Hey" Ashlyn replied.

"Quiet someday, huh?" Hermione said tentatively

"Yeah."

" We sound really awkward." Hermione chuckled.

Ashlyn giggled too. "Yup!"

"I'm sorry. I was angry at you for no good reason. I guess I just felt..left out. I mean the boys are, you know, boys. It's just it is no fun without you. I mean, no sarcastic comments or silly jokes, no sensible talk, you can't expect them from Ron or Harry, like...." Hermione babbled on.

"I get it. I'm sorry too, Mione."

"Hug it out?" Hermione proposed.

"Okay!"

The next morning the two girls entered the Great Hall, arms linked, chatting away happily. Harry and Ron just blinked.

"So you've made up, huh?" Ron asked.

"Glad you are back together," Harry said.

"What are they, a couple?" George asked leaning on Ron's shoulder as Fred did the same for Harry.

"Technically, yeah. A couple is two. So yeah, we are a couple if you see that way." Ashlyn said

"Boo! You no fun," said Fred.

"What do you want?" Ron asked annoyed.

"Right. You lot seen Ginny?" George asked. This got Ashlyn's attention. 

"Why? What's wrong?" Worry laced her voice, her brows scrunched up into a worried frown. Ashlyn cocked her head to the side in confusion as she saw the twins break into identical devilish grins. 

"She's there," George said pointing to the far end of the table.

"Hey, Ginny!" Fred yelled waving.

Ashlyn blinked. Took a deep breath, smiled, and waved at Ginny, who did the same thing and then turned to the twins. 

"YOU TWATS! I THOUGHT SOMETHING HAD HAPPENED TO HER! YOU SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME!" Ashlyn yelled at them as they laughed.

"No swearing..." Fred said laughing.

"I DO WHATEVER SHIT I WANT. TO HELL WITH Y'ALL SHIT HEADS. FREAKING DUMBASSES!" she continued yelling as she threw her toast at Fred.

"Yup. You're right Ron. She does sound like mum" George said grinning.

"Minus the swearing," Fred added.

"Told you," Ron said as he swallowed his toast.

"What are you talking about?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, when you girls were fighting, Ron wanted someone to vent to," George said.

"Can you believe it?! He had to come to us!" Fred said.

"Yeah, it was bad." Harry agreed.

" It wasn't that bad," Ashlyn said, still fuming.

"Oh, trust me it was horrible." Ron groaned.

"Yeah. Everyone knew," Fred said.

"Everyone?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah. It was soooo obvious. The two top students of Hogwarts were sitting miles apart, not talking,..." George said.