(Ouma x Saihara) Stormy Nights

(Shout-out to L1arL1arPantas0nF1re)

Shuichi sat in his bedroom by the window. 

He stared as the first droplets of rain started to pour down the window. The weather broadcast showed a heavy thunderstorm heading their way and Saihara felt on edge. He always had a phobia of thunder and nothing could take his mind of the incoming nightmare he'd have to endure. The flashbacks of how this began didn't help either.

Mother! Please let me in! It's raining!

Think about that the next time you get a bad grade! You need to learn your lesson! You're staying outside until tomorrow!

Mom, please!

...

MOM!

The memories made him tremble slightly. He stared at the clock wishing for his boyfriend to already come home. He wanted him here so badly to cuddle him and tell him not to worry. To ease his mind, close the drapes, drink hot chocolate and movie while watching Netflix movies on their laptop. Only he could do that. But due to attending a school in a different town with a longer commute that would prove difficult.

 The first sound of thunder could be heard and Shuichi flinched placing his hands on his ears, eyes shut. He went to his bed grabbing at the lavender blanket, covering himself with it. It smelled like Ouma-kun but it still didn't much to ease his mind. The second could be heard and Saihara just clutched the fabric more.

By the third time, he felt lightheaded and felt his body tremble. He was scared, so scared. Tears started to gather in his eyes as he tried to relax and convince himself he was okay. If only his mind ever granted him the ability to believe himself.

His mind instead chose to wander back to those memories. She threw him out that night during the thunderstorm. He had gotten 85% on his exam instead of his usual 100% ratio and she was furious. 

Ever since that night the fear of the thunder, the cold rain, and freezing icy water on his shoulders as he wandered the streets for hours before finally finding his way to Ouma's house by accident who was staring at the window had instilled the fear of storms and not living up to expectations to the point he couldn't even get rid of them now, despite not seeing his mother in ages. And it didn't just happen once during his life under her roof.

As he delved further into those memories he felt his breath grow ragged. He was panicking, that was until he heard the door lock open and steps walk towards the bedroom door. 

Out the door sprang the violet trickster himself, chirpy as ever with a schoolbag on his shoulder and a grocery bag in his hand. Shuichi almost immediately latched onto him, panicked. Ouma seemed startled for a bit before smiling and accepting the embrace. 

"Is my lovely Shumai afraid of thunder again?" he guessed immediately. Shuichi didn't have to answer as another thunder sound rang out making Shuichi flinch. Ouma giggled softly pulling back. "Weeell, I saw the weather for today on my phone so I expected this. Sit back in bed, I'll make us some hot chocolate" he said pulling out a box of Miss Swiss from the grocery bag. Shuichi smiled a bit finally secure and reassured by the presence of his boyfriend. He went back to bed, resting under the covers. 

Kokichi went over to the kitchen where their kettle sat as he filled it water and boiled it before pouring the hot water and emptying the content of it in their mugs. Kokichi's mug was given to him as a gift from Rantaro with 'Drama Ilama' on it while Shuichi's had the obvious Sherlock Holmes silhouette which Kaede had given him. He rummaged through the cupboards finding a random bag of marshmallows and dropping a few in his mug since Shuichi didn't like them in his.

Once he was done, he placed the two on the bedside table and closed the drapes. He figured they'll probably stay in all day so he grabbed his skeleton onesie out the closet before settling with his beloved who had already started drinking the chocolate. He pulled the laptop from under his bed, putting on Netflix. 

"Wanna watch Catch Me If You Can?" he asked. Shuichi giggled.

"Your favorite movie of all time? Sure," he said smiling as Ouma nuzzled into his arm. They played the movie both sipping chocolate, occasionally interrupted by the faint sound of thunder. Shuichi flinched but now that Ouma-kun was here it made him feel safer and made the sound less threatening.

Once the movie ended, Ouma put the laptop away, just cuddling up to Shuichi listening to his heartbeat. It was regular now. Seems like he finally felt at ease. The purple-haired boy looked up curiously at Shuichi.

"Dear Shumai, why are you so afraid of storms?" he asked. Shuichi looked at him nervously.

"Mother..." he simply uttered knowing Ouma-kun would get what he meant anyway which he did. Ouma smiled.

"I know how much pain she caused you and how scary those memories are because of her. But if you think about it. If it wasn't for that shitty night, we never would've talked." he smiled remembering the night from his perspective.

Ouma-kun was looking out the window bored. He wasn't allowed outside to play both due to being grounded for skipping school with his clown gang to go to the circus and because his older step-sister who was watching over him for the next two days, if watching over him counted as drinking tea, and said that he'd just get dirty in the rain and it wasn't proper to do so. He groaned. Just because she likes to act like a Victorian princess it isn't fair he has to.

 He looked outside noticing a crying boy wandering the streets in what looked to be regular clothes without even a coat on him. It took him a moment to realize the boy was actually from his class in Elementary. Shuichi Saihara. Despite not knowing him much due to him hanging out with Kaito and Maki, the people he hated, he felt concern build up in him. Sneakily he made his way towards the entrance putting on his tiny purple rain boots and matching kitty raincoat while grabbing an umbrella before walking out. He followed the boy making sure to jump into every puddle on his way to him, just to piss off his sister later when she has to clean up the mess.

"Hey Saihara-chan!" he yelled. He saw the boy turn around and look at him confused. Ouma ran up to him smiling. 

"Ouma-kun? What are you doing here?" he asked confused. Ouma just giggled.

"I live here. Better question, why is my Saihara-chan walking in the rain? Is it for your goth aesthetic?" he asked. Tears fell from the boy's eyes.

"My mom won't let me inside until tomorrow for getting a bad grade on the test" he whimpered.

"But Saihara-chan is the best student in class! Your mom must be blind." he giggled. Shuichi smiled slightly and let out a chuckle much to Ouma's satisfaction. Ouma-kun then thought of an idea.

"Hey hey! Wanna have a sleepover at mine then!?" he asked happily. Shuichi looked taken aback before nervously waving his hands.

"I don't wanna intrude I-" he wasn't able to finish his sentence as Ouma dragged him off to his house. The two walked into the house unnoticed before going to Ouma's room upstairs. They sat on the carpet as Ouma handed him a blanket and a towel to dry his hair.

"You have a nice room..." Saihara commented looking around. 

"Thanks. Now do you wanna play something?" he asked. Shuichi tilted his head to the side, puzzled.

"Play what?" he asked. Ouma hummed.

"Monopoly?" Ouma proposed to which Shuichi nodded with a grin.

The two played board games and ate snacks until nighttime and Shuichi slept over in Ouma's sleeping bag without Celestia noticing until the next morning.

Shuichi smiled slightly at the memory. "I guess you're right," he said softly.  He hugged Ouma-kun closer.

"II love you Ouma-kun"

"I love you too Shushu"

And so the two went to sleep disregarding the storm, focused on their own little world.

(Haven't wrote in a while. Somebody requested a thunderstorm oneshot so here ya go. Idk when I'll post because school is hectic af right now and I still don't have a stable schedule despite being a month in school. In other words, life suckssssss)