(Ouma x Saihara) Break The Cycle

(Idk if I should call this pregame ouma because he's not really pregame. he's shy and stuff but doesn't really know what Danganronpa is)

(Soooo hi guys long time no see. Yeah I had a difficult time with mental health and I'm better now i guess. Still feel like shit though. anyway have this)

There are certain laws in place in the universe.

The sky is blue, paper comes from trees and...

Shuichi and Ouma aren't friends.

The distaste for one another wasn't due to their fault really and had been a case of unfortunate circumstances.

Kokichi was a rather shy and meek individual in the first year of high school and an easy target for bullies. Twitchy, frail, self-conscious, he'd tick all the boxes. Saihara never got close because he'd be always warned he'll get targeted by the association and Shuichi Saihara regretted he had ever listened to that advice judging by what happened next.

At the end of the year, Ouma suffered a mental breakdown according to the rumors, and year second of high school...he changed. From top to bottom the boy had changed. He was now a prankster, trickster, a troublemaker. Sometimes he could even be described as insane. He had become the opposite of what he was for seemingly no reason. He had successfully driven all his bullies away with them even fearing him at times by some sheer miracle and had also that way, driven everyone from school away.

Except for Shuichi.

Shuichi had a trait of being nosey so he was curious and also a tad concerned with this new transformation. But another problem stood in the way.

His best friend Kaito had managed to become arch-nemesis with the boy and Shuichi was afraid that talking to him would jeopardize his friendship with Kaito and his girlfriend Maki, which downright despised the boy. So...he kept his mouth shut.

Kokichi's antics had eventually become a regular habit. He'd run around stealing and pickpocketing other students, pulling pranks on Kaito and other classmates, and confuse the heck out of anyone who bothered to understand him with his countless lies. He wasn't an entirely bad person though as he managed to steer away from several people not really bothering them as much like Gonta, Kiibo, and Rantaro who had remained on rather neutral terms with him.

One day, Shuichi was in the school courtyard with his friend Kaito, Kaede, and Maki on a wooden bench. The three were talking while Shuichi was reading the book he got from the library. He was socially anxious and would have trouble adding much to the conversation but he enjoyed listening to his friends talk. However, their peace was interrupted by a certain individual.

"Woooow! Cool book! I didn't know my sweet Saihara-chan liked the Phantom Thief series too!" Saihara heard the chipper voice behind him looking back to see Ouma-kun "And it's the new edition too! Man, I'm so jealous I'd die" he spoke over dramatically making Shuichi slightly uncomfortable. Kaito looked over and gave him a glare.

"Just leave us alone you little brat." he growled. Ouma pouted and crossed his arms.

"Momota's so mean. I was only being nice but if you insist..." he said placing his hands behind his neck before turning around and yanking the book from Saihara's hands "But I'm taking this with me! Nishishi~" he spoke as he ran off with the book in hands.

"H-Hey!" Shuichi sat up and proceeded to give chase after the grape-haired boy. Ouma giggled as they continued running around in circles until Shuichi had him cornered by a brick wall fence surrounding the school. Ouma however climbed up standing on the tall brick wall dangling the book just out of reach.