(Ouma X Saihara) Despair (Mastermind AU)

Ouma and Shuichi laid in bed staring at each other. They were in Shuichi's dorm, Ouma had just visited him tonight just like any night he felt down. The number of people has decreased drastically from when the game started. Kokichi had just admitted to being the cause of Gonta's death. Shuichi knew he should furious, he should despise Ouma-kun like the rest.

But he didn't...he loved him unconditionally.

It sometimes felt they were meant to be. That they were already once a thing and this is just them reuniting. It felt stupid for Shuichi to completely disregard reason and logic for this one purple-haired boy but he couldn't help it. Something drew him to this Kokichi and no matter how much proof Shuichi had that he was a horrible person, not a second in his life has passed where he considered leaving him be.

Even if he could be the mastermind like Kokichi said to him.

He gently caressed the boy's cheek feeling the short boy relax. He had just finished crying for no reason. Heavily at that. Shuichi wasn't sure what it was that made him so upset and he knew Kokichi wouldn't tell him even if he had a knife to his throat.

"Shushu...I love you...you know that right?" he whispered gently as he took Shuichi's hand off his cheek and kissed it. "I love you too..." Shuichi whispered back, kissing the purple-haired boy on the forehead. "I want this game to end already...I wish we never ended up in a situation like this...but..." the boy spoke grimly. Shuichi listened to his faint voice. "It won't end. Once a game has started it has to be played until the end" he spoke coldly. Shuichi smiled and played with one of the boy's purple locks in his fingers

"We'll find a way to get around that." he spoke reassuringly 

"I doubt it. At least one of us will die" Kokichi responded.

"We can hope"

"Hope is for nothing...our stupid relationship can only end in despair"

Shuichi smiled. It pained him how right Kokichi was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kokichi had been crushed by the press. Saihara was crying the entire trial. His beloved, his sunshine had died and vanished. He was right. Their relationship only ended in despair. There was no way for them to live together forever huh?

But whoever stood behind this was gonna pay. Shuichi was too make sure of that. They had just voted for Tsumugi. She was the mastermind, Shuichi was sure of it. All she needs to drop her facade and-

"WRONG!"

The bear screeched manically. "I told you I was innocent!" Tsumugi was in tears. Everyone looked despaired. They lost. They got it wrong. "What?! Then who was it?!" Shuichi yelled. The bear giggled before the throne engulfed with smoke which clouded their vision. Once the smoke cleared, Shuichi's eyes widened.

On the throne sat the boy he loved so dearly, the boy he thought had died. He wore a black cape with a black hat like in his motive video except it had a Monokuma symbol on it, he was playing with the Monokuma plushie swinging his feet as if he was having the time of his life.

"K-Kokichi?!" Shuichi was shocked. The boy smiled. The same smile which brought Shuichi comfort now had the opposite effect. It filled him with dread, fear, and heartbreak.

"Hi, Shushu~!" Ouma giggled "I'm quite disappointed in your detective skills but then again it couldn't be helped since out thought I went...you know" he gestured to his neck as if sliting his throat "Buuut I really fooled you this time!" he added. Shuichi could do nothing but stare as the boy walked off the throne and came up to him with a sweet grin. "K-Kokichi...w-why...how did-?!" Shuichi stuttered unsure of what to say.