(Ouma x Saihara) The Boy In My Dreams

Ouma was unhappy.

His life wasn't like that of a normal kid. His mother didn't have time for him, his classmates never spoke to him. But none of that mattered to him because the only thing he wanted

was a friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ouma's POV

I was walking down the street alone. I heard people whisper about me on my way home. What a freak, he's so lonely, idiot. I don't mind about other people's opinions though. Besides I've always gotten by myself. I guess I'll have a great life eventually. Just gotta get through my childhood without nagging about dumb emotions like depression and boredom. Even if I feel them enough for them to become a default.

I reached my house and quietly closed the door. My mom was lying on the couch, tired and asleep. She wasn't a bad mom, it wasn't her fault she didn't pay me much attention. When my mom divorced after finding out her my was cheating on her with a woman ten years younger than her, she had to take extra shifts at her job as a waitress for us to get by. So when she came home, she was just too tired to do anything else. I can't really blame her for that.

I grab a blanket and cover her. I eat some cereal quietly because I can't cook and would just make a huge mess. I was tired so I go upstairs and lie down in bed to nap. And so, I fall asleep

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in a field of lavender flowers. I remembered what a beautiful smell they had. Sadly, I don't get to see them that often anymore in the foggy city. I was confused as to where I was. The field was so beautiful and the sky was light blue with sun shining over. Then I noticed a man standing among the lavender. A young boy with two white fluffy wings and a warm smile on his face. His look was so welcoming and charming.

"Um, who are you?" I asked walking towards him. He smiled at me when he noticed I was awake "I'm Shuichi Saihara... I'm an angel." he said warmly, his voice harmonic and sweet "You're Kokichi Ouma I presume?". I watched as the given angel lightly spread his white wings. He was gorgeous. He had porcelain-like skin, beautiful olive eyes and perfect dark blue hair. Ouma sat by the angel, curious. Was this some sort of lucid dream? Well it sure isn't a bad one so far.

"Yeah, that's my name." I answered plainly. "I've been watching you... and it looks like you're quite lonely. Would you like to talk?." He said kindly to which I gave a confused look "Why of all the billions of people do you to be friends with me? Isn't there a better person to talk to?" I said to which he gave a light laugh "There might. But I chose you and would rather talk to you." he said

Suddenly, a door with numerous ornaments appeared from the ground. "Oh... I guess we won't be talking together. You're waking up. Bad luck I guess. Go through that door. Your mom's calling you. I will just have to talk to you later..." I looked at him strangely. What? I decided to go through the door anyway. The room was dark and as soon as the door clicked shut.

I woke up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

I heard my mom call downstairs "Honey! I got dinner!" I went downstairs. My mom stood by the coffee table, two bags of fast food takeaway in her hands. I looked at her tired baggy eyes, messed up hair and her purple t-shirt. Sometimes I pitied my mom. Why does she have to carry all this weight on her shoulders? Ah yes, it's because her husband abandoned her for some 20 year old hussy.

I gave her a weak smile. "Hi sweetie! Today my boss said employees get the day off. So we can eat together tonight." she said handing me one bag. We both sat and ate together with awkward small talk happening once in a while. After that I did my homework, washed and went to bed.