24 Rebecca

"Oh no. Not again, mom." As you might have heard that I was right now kindly declining to my mom another light for a romantical valentine.

"But you were obsessed with hearts a few years ago.", she insisted. "No, it was kind of cool the hearts which were blood red and black. That looked scary. As I told you before, I don't believe in Valentine or anything anymore."

"Sad, these socks were pretty cool." I only rolled my eyes as showing my annoyance and utter disgust by this. I know that I have not always been that pissed about Valentine things but this year after she forced me to finally get over Josh by not saying his name or talking in any kind of him, the day of love for couples got more and more useless for me.

On top of that, a very special person, who I was quite into was hanging there on a bus station when I thought about a really cheesy romance. Why is this world so unfair? I never forgave him for that mistake. No doubt that he already had forgotten about me and that stupid day. Just great.

Now I had to look at all those couples who were walking lovingly through the mall at Vösenvillage and buy stupid clothes which matches. Uhhh! My stomach revolved when I even thought about those shit ways to show someone that you are important to them. It shouldn't be priced on a single day. Kind of everyday should be spend with their loved ones instead of waiting for one day to go to the cinema or shopping. But who asked me.

Normally, I spent every Valentine like the same. This year my mother wanted to come with, so I let her under one condition. I could shop what I want. She gladly accepted this proposal. Instead I would have preferred more time alone because that was the way I do it. Especially on that day because I was always single there. This was my day to show me that the biggest love was the one I had for me. Nobody else. I don't want to cuddle at home in my own depression and regret that I was single. It also has his good sites. However, today when all couples were lovingly strolling along hand in hand, something in my chest stringed.

"Mom, I am going to the clothesfarmer shop. Write me where we will be, okay?" My mom nodded and so I rushed a few metres further, where I had initially spotted a pretty nice dress. It was definitely and eye-catcher and would be stunning for my prom at the end of the year. As I walked with a fixed gaze on my masterpiece dress, I didn't look at the bottom once, otherwise I would have spotted the shoe which was lying around in my way. Since I was one of the most left-handed people when I wasn't paying attention to my surrounding, I was slipping over the shoe. Instead of just letting me fall to the floor and stand up, I tried to catch my balance with one of the coat-stands, caused that I tore some clothes with me to the bottom. As humiliating as it already was, I stood up quickly, adjusting myself and hung the clothes neatly back. Checking my surrounding that nobody had seen my glorious fall on a Valentines day, I spotted an older woman who gave me an irritated look.

"Have you never seen somebody dripping?", I asked her challengingly. She just huffed, shrugged with her shoulders and turned around. "Why are all people so different on Valentine?", muttering to myself and then carefully stepping forward to the dress area.

There it was. A long silver glittering shining dress, which I already adored more than anything. I was hundred percent sure that this was mine almost, although I needed to try it before. Maybe it would just hug me like a potato bag and not hugging any of my curves.

"Do you need any help?" asked a very deep and raspy voice. I turned around perplexed and looked into blue diamond sparkling pair of eyes. His shoulders were quite broad and his hair was a dark curly disaster, remembering me of the feathers of a raven. All in all, was this guy really muscular and tall. For certain is he getting a lot of numbers from girls, while he works here. Pushing my thoughts aside, I paid attention to the hot employee in front of me. "Do you mind, getting me some shoes for this dress?", I asked carefully. "Not at all. You go try that dress on and I will come back in a min.", he said, smiling sheepishly. "Thanks.", I said and turned around to walk to the next near changing room.