Chapter 16; When Heck Froze Over

A review of what you've read before...

Also, please vote and follow me! I'm skipping Biology for this! 😉

________________________________________________________________________________

"There you go with the 'no's again. Why Sammy, why?" Jeremiah started to openly ugly cry. Snot and sobs and tears, so many tears! Sammy hugged Jeremiah and started to rub his back, "Look, I'm sorry. How about we talk about this over dinner?"

Jeremiah started to quiet down and accept the hug.

"Really?"

"Yeah, really." Sammy lets go of Jeremiah to look at him.

"Now let's go get this non-English speaking monster."

"Yeah! Ca-can I say it?" Jeremiah looks at Sammy with puppy eyes that were still red from his tears. Sammy sighed and nodded.

Jeremiah lifted his gun towards Blue Loki with semi-confidence, "Hands up, ugly blue dude!"

________________________________________________________________________________

The squabble of the two men ended with the agreement to destroy me.

It was amusing and disappointing at the same time. I, too, once had flings with other men. None of my male lovers ever were as dramatic as these two.

My 12-foot frame shielded Lora from their nuisance and weapons (which seem like the same thing, honestly) as I sized the mortals up. I grinned at them, making sure my fangs were noticed. The group muttered among themselves as they studied me with their weapons.

"GRRRRRRRRRRR" I growled, warning them for the last time. My cub, my only cub, will not be hurt.

"Ready!" One of the lovers shouted. The group kneeled in sync and clicks of the weapons readying echoed.

I wait for the perfect time to act.

"Aim."  The mortals readied themselves to kill me.  Each one adjusting their stance and imagining what it's like to kill a God.

Just one more second.

"fffffff-"

Now.

I whisper an ancient spell under my breath, one that was supposed to disappear millennia ago. My body tingles and green mist slowly comes from my skin and spreads through the hallway. Within a few minutes it will affect the entire world. Within a few seconds no one will be able to stop me from becoming king and Lora, the princess.

The mortals weapons pop, but instead of being pelted with projectiles, I watch them slowly move until they freeze in mid-air.

The metal balls are in the same state as their handlers. All frozen in time.
I grin.