Chapter 8; The Scratch

What You Read Last Time...
____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Let's get out of here!" Barton's voice rang through the jet. The jerk of the jet was unexpected and Lora was almost dropped. To Loki's relief, he caught her before she woke up.

Loki looked down at the sleeping girl and noticed how she had a cooler body temperature than regular mortals. He sighed at looked at agent Barton who was suggesting a needle for her pain. Loki wondered how this realm even survived. Why put yourself in more pain to get rid of the pain? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

What a wonderful noise to wake up too. At that moment I became aware of how bright the room was, even with my eyes closed. I scrunched up my face to block the light although that didn't help much. This wasn't going to work. I blinked my eyes a couple of times the officially open them. Besides the over headlamp above the bed, it was a dim room. It was clean, too clean. Hospital clean.

'What happened?' I searched my mind hoping to find the answer. I remember was Thor falling to his death in Loki's cage and- Loki! Loki happened, but I don't remember crashing in the jet. Why am I in a hospital?

"Stop before you hurt yourself from thinking too hard, Mortal." A woman's voice echoed throughout the room. My head slowly turned towards the voice.

A large older woman sat in one of the chairs meant for visitors. Her face was wrinkled and saggy, just like her frown. Her hair was a mix of grey and white tucked up in a horrible bun. Her grey hair would be the same color as her skin, but her piles of makeup made her as orange as a pumpkin. Her outfit was as bad as her face. She wore a tight and short dark green dress. The dress showed her whole chest, sag and all.

"My name is Mrs. Weasley (W-ES-LEE), I am the charge for the maids. That means boss, honey." She seemed proud of her position and attire. As she showed off how 'sparkly' she was, I noticed a bundle of clothes in her arms. I prayed that they were for her.