Chapter 14; Ok, I'm Not A Vegan!

"Yeah, no offense Nat but I didn't think you two would work out anyway." And that was how I had a very intense meeting with the wall.

__________________________________________________________

If you've ever been around Nat, then you know better than to speak about her in a relationship. She hates it. She almost killed Stark when he made fun of her and Barton being so close that they seemed together.

So, when I opened my big mouth about a relationship involving her, it didn't go well. I now have a slight bruise on the right side of my face due to my relationship with the wall.

After our little geek encounter, we continued walking. And walking. And walking.

There was nothing but darkness and the echoes of our feet through the valleys of S.H.E.I.L.D. Nat brought out a flashlight ages ago once we lost all light from above.

"Where are we going anyway?" I ask. Nat ignored me and kept walking. No matter what she did to make it look like this was a standard drill it assured me that something was happening.

Then a loud crash happened. It sounded like it was a few floors above us.

"We need to hurry," Nat mumbled. She grabbed my arm and pulled me until we were at a running pace. Every time we passed a vendor you could hear pops of guns and yelling.

"Nat I'm serious, what's going on?"

"Nothing-" a loud feral growl echoed through the hallway.

"Agent Romanoff, he's all yours." Her radio followed.

"Run!" Nat pushed me farther into a hallway. I looked back; she had a gun faced towards me.

"Go! Now!" Then she swung around and shot the gun as if it was her job. Which it was in every way.

I weighed the options out, either I run and leave the professional to do their job, or I die even though I had an opportunity to live. Either way Nat lives. I run.

My legs went as fast as they could while grows and snarls from what sounds like the Hulk.

The pops of the gun seem to echo for eternity through the hallway. It got quiet after a few more minutes of pops and growls.

I slowed down and looked back or tried to because I didn't have a flashlight.

"Nat?" I yell down the quiet hallway.

No response.

"Nat!" I yell louder. My breathing had become heavier.

"Nat, you better have survived or else your ghost will be stuck with me forever!" She would hate that. Even though she loves me like a sister she would still hate being stuck with me.

A loud growl echoed through the hallway.

"I'm hoping that's your stomach, Nat!"

I walk in the direction I came from.

PUFF.
PUFF.
PUFF.
GRRRRRRRRR.

"Nat?" I squeaked still looking back.

GRRRRRRRRRR

"Look, if you're looking for a nice meaty meal, I'm a vegetarian."

Whatever is down the hallway stomps closer.

With one puff the monster growled out one word, "Lora".'

Well, shoot. Literally and figuratively, please.

I know I've been gone, and this is short. Sorry! I love to see your comments so please go back into the story and tell me what's on your mind. Vote if you want too as well!