Chapter 5; The Flickering Light

What You Hopefully Read In The Last Chapter...
___________________________________________________________________________________________

"Selvig?"

I understand nothing.

"He's an astrophysicist." I hate Fury for leaving me with them.

A what-o-physicist?

______________________________________________________________________________

It felt like an age and a half of talking when Steve announced we have a plan.

"You think you can make Loki tell us what the Tesseract is?" I was still in the briefing room with Stark, Steve, Fury, and Thor. I wasn't exactly listening, but I got the gist of the situation. We were attempting to figure out how we could get something out of Loki.

"I do not know. Loki's mind is far afield, it's not just power he craves, it's vengeance upon me. There's no pain that would prize his need from him."

"A lot of guys think that until the pain stops." Nick stood out of his chair and walked out. He always had this mysterious aura around him. It made me wonder about his home life, or if he settled down.

Without Fury, the room started to gain more suspicion and tension. I felt as if I wasn't allowed to talk with the big kids.

Half an hour passed without the ticking of a clock. Fury showed up on the dot of twelve. I realized just then he doesn't show up randomly, he has an alarm set specifically for us.  Maybe It was on a phone or a wall clock, but I would bet my money It was on a 'My Little Pony' wristwatch.

"What are you asking me to do?" I found out Thor wasn't the brightest light bulb in the lamp shop. His light bulb wasn't even lit most of the time. When it was off there would be a flicker of light then it would go dead again. I couldn't stand Thor for more than an hour but here I am. How did Loki stand him for most of his life?

"I'm asking. What are you prepared to do?" Fury glanced at me, as he said this. Oh, no.

"Loki is a prisoner." Thor retorted he was protesting something. A plan? Thor turned his head towards me and studies me. He shook his head and glared at Fury.

I was beginning to put the pieces together.

"Then why do I feel like he's the only person on this boat that wants to be here?" I'm sure that's not true. No one wants to be within the walls of thousands of enemies, especially if they're alone.

Alone...

I sighed and thought over what Fury said. Rumors of Loki smiling as he was being escorted down the halls, looking into the camera with a 'you won't guess what I have up my sleeve' look. Fury was right. I was right. On the plane, I suspected he had more up his sleeve. Something is going on, and I have a feeling that when we notice Fury will not like it.

Thor doesn't answer and just watches Fury, thinking. I'm sure it's hard for Thor, he hasn't had to think in his life.

"What do we need to do?" Thor seemed to come to an agreement with
himself.

Fury smirked and turned to me again, oh no.

"No, no, no, no, and NO! I know what you want me to do! No." I crossed my arms and turned my head away from them. The spin chair I was in spun a little.

"Oh, come on, he probably won't see you anyway, you're small. You just have to talk to him!" Stark persuaded, he stopped spinning in his chair.

"In return, you will receive an unlimited VISA credit card in S.H.I.E.L.D's name." Fury brought out a credit card from his breast pocket knowing it was my weakness.

"Does that include EVERYTHING?" I inquired. Unbelievably, I have a passion for stuffed animals. I use more than half of my paycheck for stuffed animals. They are adorable little therapists. 

I hide the stuffed animals all over the ship for Fury to complain about. I hide them in the prisoner cells too. They hate it. I can't help it though, their so cute and I'm a kid. You would think everyone would appreciate it but noooooooo. I deserve stuffed animals. They deserve stuffed animals. We all deserved stuffed animals.

It could just be raining stuffed animals.

"I said whatever you want, didn't I?"

I thought about it. Walking into a room that holds a power-craving God in a cell- isn't that bad. I just have to exchange words with him and boom, I get stuffed animals for life. If he does escape though, what would happen? He's the God of mischief, he has a way to escape.

I groaned in frustration, "Fine." My body became a cup overlapping with anxiety.

"Great! Now when the kid is dead, we..." Stark started to utter, I walked out of the room before I could hear the rest. The quicker I get this done the quicker I don't have to see him again.

That's it, folks! I have a few more chapters on the way, so please keep reading! If you liked this chapter, I ask you to VOTE!