Chapter 15; The Love Birds and The Dad

GRRRRRRRRRR

"Look, if you're looking for a nice meaty meal, I'm a vegetarian."

Whatever is down the hallway stomps closer.

With one puff the monster growled out one word, "Lora".

Well shoot. Literally and figuratively please.

_______________________________________

       My heart skipped. I had no idea what this thing was if it killed Nat and what its plan was.

       I stood as stiff as a log as I waited. Not only that but have no idea what I'm waiting for.

Why am I just standing here?!?!?!

Maybe I was waiting for the bright light at the end of the tunnel. Or I was waiting for the, "Boo! Hahaha! We knew you would never betray us!"

       There were many scenarios running through my head but one of them weren't even close to being hugged. Well, I guess the ''squeezing 'till death" scenario was close.

       The creature growled as its long, chilly arms wrapped around my small body. The valley of halls grew colder and somehow, even more silent.

       "Cub. Safe. Home. Now." Of course. Here I thought it was the Hulk or maybe even Juggernaut. Unfortunately, this is much worse than either of those assumptions.

       It was Loki, my "Father"

       I squirmed in his arms, but he wouldn't budge. He just growled at my attempts, lifted me up and cradled me.

       He was chilly but warm at the same time. The contact with his blue skin created contact with my Jotun. It was as if a pale peach curtain rose and left an icy blue one behind it.

       My, now blue, self instantly reacted to the pheromones Loki was giving off. He was telling me to fall asleep, to stop struggling and give in.

       "I'm not... comfortable...with this..." I rasped. My eyes grow heavy, my breathing slows without my consent.

       "Cub, Slllleeeeeepyyyyyy." He sings lowly. Surprisingly, it didn't sound like a threat. It sounded as if he was amused and taunting me at the same time.

       "Nooo..." I grumbled before my eyelids grew too heavy. I gave in to the dark and let it embrace me just like my father did to me.

       My Instincts came alive as I held the girl once again

       My Instincts came alive as I held the girl once again. Of course, she struggled to get out of my grip but we both knew that wasn't going to happen. She needed to be safe, in a stable temperature environment and away from his horrid place. I could do that. She was just a cub; she needs to be taken care of.

My thoughts churned as my purring automatically started. She stopped struggling in my arms and went limp. She wasn't asleep just yet, she was dazed. Now that I think about it, she's a lot like me in many ways: magic, intelligence, and mischievousness. Furthermore, she fought her instincts just as I did when I was younger. The girl named, 'X' was gone and replaced with Lora Lokidottir.

Then Lora Lokidottir fell asleep.

       I stood and wondered if Lora will ever be happy with me. Not that it would matter if she's happy. What matters is that she's with me. That's all.

      "Hand's up!" An unexpected visitor called out from behind me. I turned around with a snarl, baring my teeth as a warning to the newcomers. Ten little Midgardians. Fortunately, most were male. If all females on this realm were like the redhead, I am internally grateful for these agents to be male.

       This organization is an idiot not sending their best. It's as if they think I'm not powerful. How quaint.

       "Sammy, it's a monster! It's not going to know English!" Another agent hissed. The original man, 'Sammy' turned around to look at the speaker. Both are becoming a nuisance.

Dedicated to the fictional characters of Jeremiah and Sammy!

       "Jeremiah! Not. Right. Now."

       "Well, I was just say-"

       "No."

       "No? Did you just tell me 'no'?" Jeremiah forced his words out while he tried to force his tears to stay in.

       "No, no, look I didn't mea-" Sammy sighed and pinched his nose out of what seems to be stress.

      As soon as a sob exited Jeremiah's quivering lips Sammy took action, "I'm sorry Jer," Sammy muttered and put a hand on his shoulder.

      "No, you're not! You're just saying that!" More sobs come from Jeremiah. Tears were streaming down Jeremiah's face and with each tear, Sammy was panicking increasingly.

       During this whole scene, both the Agents and Loki were watching in confusion. While Loki hid it with a facade of annoyance (though he still dropped his fighting stance) the Agents were parading it around. Some agents tried to help but we're pushed away by Jeremiah or other agents, others just dropped their guns while watching the transaction.

       "No, No! I'm not I-"

        "There you go with the 'no's again. Why Sammy, why?" Jeremiah started to openly ugly cry. Snot and sobs and tears, so many tears! Sammy hugged Jeremiah and started to rub his back, "Look, I'm sorry. How about we talk about this over dinner?"

        Jeremiah started to quiet down and accept the hug.

       "Really?"

       "Yeah, really." Sammy lets go of Jeremiah to look at him.

       "Now let's go get this non-English speaking monster."

       "Yeah! Ca-can I say it?" Jeremiah looks at Sammy with puppy eyes that were still red from his tears. Sammy sighed and nodded.

        Jeremiah lifted his gun towards Blue Loki with semi-confidence, "Hands up, ugly blue dude!"

_______________________________________

  That's It Lok's! How are you liking it? I love these two characters! Please vote or... Subscribe? Is that what we call it? Follow! It's follow! Not that I'm following you! I don't know where you are! Hahaha!