Chapter 19; The Snake's Daughter

What you read before...

Before Natasha ever said, "four" Loki felt a force on his neck and a sudden pain. His mind felt as if it was ripping itself apart. Piece-by-piece memories were broken and rebuilt. The memory of him meeting his wife was in front of him and then it was the memory of her dying.

The first memory of his mother then came to him and then the one of him hearing the news of her passing because of him. Next, it was the birth of his daughter. He had seen the Norns breathe life into her.

It was fitting that Natasha only counted to three because he only loved three people in his life. Two of them are gone forever, for he will surely see Hella instead of the Valkyrie when he enters death's doors. Loki will be with Lora until she reaches Valhalla and then, and only then, he will meet Hella.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XXXXXX, Kentucky

XXXXXX, Kentucky. 2021: 9 Years later.

It was a beautiful day in the rural town of |REDACTED|, Kentucky. The sun was shining, crops were being planted, four-wheelers were being ridden down the highways, and schools were letting out for the summer.

Kids and teens were excited to get home and start their summer break and have fun with their families.

Those who were from the richer side of town, near the golf course and country club, were going to go to Disney World, Universal Studios, have fun on Fancy Cruises or even head to Mexico. Others stayed home, visited family, or had fun at the surrounding lakes. Everyone did something along those lines, all except for one small family.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A large dark green snake slithers across its territory behind a barn house. It's weaving hardly makes a sound as it slithers through the bushes and across mounds of leaves and finally making it into the small garden. The dark mamba curled up around the base of a small magnolia bush and waited.

Like usual, the bus stopped outside of the barn house and dropped four kids off. Three were small boys living across the street and the other was a teenage girl living in the house right in front of the snake's garden.