Chapter 3; Falling, Hiding and Thor?

What You Read In The Last Chapter...

I gathered my courage and pushed away my fear. Nothing could be better than jumping out of a plane. A small smile appeared on my lips.

"How did you know?" I stepped back and ran for the ramp. At the edge, I took the jump. The wind hit my face and twirled my body. At that point, my mind caught up with my body.

I have no parachute.

"Oh, come on!"

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Somewhere out in the European mountains, a girl is hurdling towards the earth's surface. Where is she going exactly you might ask? She is setting in motion to crash exactly where two gods are battling. Isn't that great?

Currently, I'm about one hundred meters from the ground. The wind gets a bit warmer the closer I get to land, a warning sign in my mind. I brace for impact. My back is facing the ground while my hands are covering the back part of my head. This was not in my training.

I take a deep breath and wait for the pain to arrive. After an eternity, I feel light trickles on my back. At first, I thought I was in Valhalla but then a painful impact made me realize that I was alive...and in pain.

My yelp of pain was loud but barely noticeable throughout the even louder forest. Despite the commotion of the forest, you could hear the battles. Grunts filled the wilderness like how the wind filled the trees.

I open my eyes to glimpse a tree bed that I swore was not there before. Although you don't usually memorize your surroundings while you're panicking about your death. The trees were full of leaves except for one section above me which was empty of leaves.

'So that's what that was.' I figured as I took a rest on the nice soft grass.

Shortly after, my healing ability started to kick in. Scratches disappeared as well as bruises and broken bones. I laid there listening to the fights rather than the pain.

Once everything was repaired, I pursued the sounds of gruesome agony and the raw feeling of anger.

I heard of lighting and thunder when gods are angry but the true feeling of hostility in the air was never in the stories I've heard. Dark clouds painted the horizon. Lighting danced in the sky; one after the other with thunder following each one. There was never a thunderstorm this intense on Midgard.

"Where is the Tesseract?" The voice of a stranger boomed. They were far away, but I could make out parts of what they were saying.

I then heard Loki's cold laugh. Shivers went down my spine, as his laugh was dark and uncaring.

I continued to slowly walk towards the closest voices, Loki and the stranger. Both their accents and speech are similar, so the stranger must come from Asgard.