23. Get It Right

"Hyung! I didn't know you'd come home early." Jake greets them, noticing the almost awkward silence. Younggi and Jun appears seconds later.

"Yeah, I finished early and ran in to them downstairs." Jamie answers, pointing to others. Jun notices me and his eyes widen.

"Oh, hi Silver! I thought you were busy?" Jun greets me with a big smile on his face.

"Hey, Jun! Yeah I was, but turns out I needed some time to socialize." I grin at him and shoots a look at Jake who's smiling back at me. Younggi greets me then goes to his room while Taeyong and Jamie looks at me and smiled.

"Hey guys.." I greet them.

"Hey, Silver." Says Taeyong coldly. That hurts.

"Hey.. were you working out?" Asks Jamie, referring to my outfit.

"Uh, sort of. I was playing basketball by myself then Jake showed up and joined me. We were just finished and he thought I should swing by." I sofly explain. Nick and Hosung can sense our awkwardness.

"Oh, that's great. Well.. I'm gonna take a shower, then." Says Jamie as he walks to his bedroom.

Taeyong follows Jamie, he didn't even look at me. I look down and turn to Jake who saw that too. He just gave me a half-hearted smile.

"They seem upset. Did something happen during their day?" Hosung shoots a look to Nick.

"They're probably just tired.." Nick answers, although something tells me that he knew it's not about that.

"I think I should go.. I wanna take shower as well, I'm stinky." I make something up so I can just get out of here.

"Oh, okay. Will you have dinner with us after?" Nick asks.

"Yeah, It'd be nice to have dinner together! You can even cook with us if you'd like!" Hosung adds. I hesitate but I couldn't say no.

"Okay, sounds good. I'll see you later." I wave at them and walks to the front door.

"I'll walk you!" Jake insist and follows me.

Jake closes the door and we walks slowly to my place.

"I feel bad.. Did you see their reaction when they saw me?" I turn to Jake.

"You should give them time, I'm sure it'll be fine." He says.

"You think so?"

"I know so." He paused as we arrive at my front door, reaching to my wrist.

"What?" I asks, looking to my wrist. He blushes and went silent for awhile.

"What is it, J?"

"I, uh.. I know you're still thinking about all this, but can I ask you something?" His words comes out shy but his hand is saying something else, interlacing our fingers. He never does that.

"Sure, J.."

"Do you think that maybe I, us could fit in your life?"

My heart's thumping again. I can't resist his charm.

"I.. I don't know, J. You know it's complicated.."

"Okay, but if there's a bigger part of you feels like you want to, can you promise me something?"

"What, J?"

"Don't fight it.. the feeling." He gaze to my eyes and leans closer. Interlacing my other hand.

"I'll see which one is bigger.. to hold on or let go.." I whisper.

"You take your time think about it." He softly says.