52. See You Later

Ten o'clock in the morning.

A cup of coffee that's gone cold on the edge of my coffee table.

A scent of sweet vanilla, Daisy's signature smell, sitting next to me.

A laptop in front of us, waiting for a call from Seoul.

"How do you feel, S?" She asks away, turning her head to me.

"I'm good. I think so.." I let out a breath. I could actually hear my heart's thumping, so nervous to finally get to see the boys even through the screen.

Feelings of longing, happiness, sadness and guilt are all become one as I sit silently in front of the laptop. It occurs to me that they might be angry at me for missing and I'm ready to take the blame.

My heart almost jump out from my chest when the screen suddenly turns into a bright blue color, signaling a Skype call from someone.

"Ready?" She cautiously ask, fingers on her laptop.

I nod eventually before she click the answer button.

The screen now change into a room filled with men sitting on their chairs. It's the boys plus Sungjin and Heechul on the screen. They seem to be sitting in the meeting room at their office.

A pain in my chest slightly appear when I see them smiling at the screen. Smiling at me.

What?

Why are they smiling?

Daisy then greets all of them politely when she notices me freezing.

"Hello, good evening everyone. Thank you for agreeing to have a meeting with us." Daisy starts.

They all bow slightly and the boys wave their hands to us.

"Hello, Daisy, Silver. It's nice to meet you." Nick responds, sounded professional that he is.

"Hi, Silver.." Other boys greets me warmly and it took me a lot to act normal.

"h-hi.. everyone."

It's all I managed to say. Although there's a trace of sadness in their looks, they keep smiling at me.

"I guess we all know what should we discuss today.." Daisy take over and clears her throat, "Due to the issue that we all saw on Dispatch last night, which caused a lot of conflicts on social media, concerns us. Firstly, I'm very sorry to hear about this rumor and how it affects Jake as I know some of your fans have overreacted, clearly. But I, we, need to know how is the real situation there, in Seoul and how this issue could affect the project."

She's right, ever since the rumor came out, the fans have been nothing but awful. So many hate comments towards Jake while half of them are directed to me. I don't even wanna go there in the first place, but Daisy did. She was furious. She couldn't bear the fact that their fans insulted me and Jake, calling me slut for taking Jake away from Ayeong. She also couldn't stand the fact how Ayeong played the victim and could easily get away with it. Clearly, obsession would make anyone go blind from the truth.

Sungjin clears his throat before he speaks, "Well, there are some kind of protest going on outside our building. Many fans are outside, wanted to get justice for Ayeong. Good news is, we all know it's a lie and Bighit will post an announcement related to the false rumor tonight. Of course that includes Silver and Jake's rumor. Even if that part is true.."

"But how about the pictures and stuff? I think it reveals more than it led on." Daisy counters.

"Yes, we are aware. But we all agree that this announcement would silence them."