17. Shrink

It's 4.30am and I'm wide awake from the sound of a snore. I look to my left to where the sound came from, and it's Jun. He's sleeping on the carpet on the floor, covered with blanket and holding to a white stuffed animal. The view is just too cute. Surprisingly, I found Younggi sleeping next to me on the other side. He's holding my hand over a pillow fort that he made between us. To think that up until this point he's still holds my hand really melts me. He looks so ethereal in his sleep, couldn't help but stare at him. I close my eyes again yet I couldn't go back to sleep, so I decided to wake up and get some coffee.

I turn on the kitchen lamp and startled when I saw something wrapped up in a white blanket on the sofa of the living room. I come closer to find out and it's Jake, sleeping on the couch. He looks like a kid when he sleeps. To think that they're truly worried about me and that makes me sad. I brush my fingers on his hair for a while then take my mug quietly and go to my workroom.

Every time I feel like this, I heal myself with painting. I refuse to be weak even if it's allowed. But I hate seeing myself like that and worse, I hate them seeing me like that, weak and hopeless.

I take a medium sized canvas and put it on a table. Preparing the paints and my tools. I put on some airpods, listening to my playlist and began painting. This time, I use my catalyst wedge to play with movements. I wanted to create something different and dynamic. I use plum and white colors only just to explore the movements.

Two hours has passed since I started painting. It's 6 now and the guys probably will be awake soon. As I open up the curtains to see the sunrise, I feel someone's presence inside the room. When I turn around, it's Jun. I remove my pods and put it on the table. His expression looks wary.

"You weren't there when I woke up." He says, walking closer.

"You were snoring, so you woke me up." I tease him. He chuckles.

"Ah, sorry. I don't usually snore, but I was tired yesterday." He says bashfully.

"Oh, sorry you had to sleep on the floor then." I frown.

"No, it's okay. I wanted to look out for you." He grins at me.

Jun is wearing a blue and white strapped pajamas with a little cartoon character's face all over it. I assume it's his character that Jake mentioned. His face is still swollen but he looks cute as hell. He's standing next to me and check out what i'm up to.

 He's standing next to me and check out what i'm up to

"Is this for the project ?" He asks.

"No, I was just playing around." says me. "That one though, it's for the work. But I was just exploring." Says me pointing at the large painting on the corner of the room.

"It looks great.." he says, amazed by my progress.

"You.. wanna try?" I turn to him. He blinks his eye, flushing.

"I- I don't want to ruin your painting.." he gestures, probably reminds him the first day we met and scolded Taeyong. I chuckles.

"I'll teach you, let me show you." I put on some paint on the canvas.