I Crave You: Part One

We sat on the beach together as Holt hugged me. It was starting to get dark and I have been calling Quinn hoping he was hearing my call. I was also getting worried for Holt as we had nowhere to go. I knew there were some caves up in the cliffs. Maybe we should find shelter for the night.

I was also having trouble controlling the craving of blood. I needed to get back to ask Breeze for help. I had no idea what would happen if the baby didn't get what it needed. Holt looked at me concerned as he sat waiting for help.

I knew Romeo would come eventually because he told me if I wasn't back in two days he would come looking for me. It's nearly been two days. Holt was looking around at the cliffs. I knew he had the same idea of the caves as me.

"Holland. We need to get to the caves to keep you and the baby warm. We can't stay here tonight."

"Yes, I know. Thank you for being here with me, Holt."

"Always. Don't worry, Romeo will come soon."

"I hope so. I really am craving blood. Holt. I don't know what to do?"

"I know, just hold on a while longer."

I nodded as Holt scooped me up in his arms then started to climb up onto the rocks. Holt stopped then got me to climb onto his back.

We finally found a small cave. It was cosy and warmer than outside. Holt went back out to find some wood to make a fire. I thought of Romeo and the others as my heart felt like it was breaking. I also felt the panic set in.

Holt came back then started a small fire to keep us warm. He pulled me in closer as I felt drained and so weak. I closed my eyes.

"Holland? Are you okay?"

"Holt... I am so hungry... So tired."

"Shh, it's okay, they will be here soon."

Holt pulled me closer as I laid my head against his chest. I could hear his heart beating as I started to drift into sleep then I heard him whisper.

"Please hurry, she won't last much longer."

I woke up to find I was a dragon's back as Holt wrapped his arms around me. I noticed the colour of his scales. They were red.

"Romeo!"

I called out with excitement. He roared loudly as he heard me. I chuckled. I was so pleased to see him and so relieved.

"You came for me?"

Romeo roared out with laughter then spoke in his deep dragon voice.

"Of course, my queen... I will do anything for you... I would die for you. You are my love."

"I love you too, my king."

I heard another roar as I looked over to see Phoenix flying alongside us.

"Phoenix!"

He roared out then spoke.

"You really had us all worried. Quinn kept hearing your call and he knew something was wrong."

"He really heard me?"

"Yes."

I chuckled as I felt Holt hold me tightly. He then spoke softly in my ear.

"I have already told them all that has happened while you were sleeping."

"Thank you, Holt. I don't know what I would do without you."

I kissed his lips softly. He deepened the kiss as he caressed my stomach. I saw a bright light in the corner of my eye. It made me lookup. We were near the entrance to the realm. I remember seeing the bright light before all the colours the first time with Romeo. It's different as a dragon it doesn't hurt my eyes but as a human it does.