If We Dream

Twenty five years later...

My twin brother Holt, tugged on my hand as he pulled me along the streets. We live in a small town called Ashland. I often wondered why it was called that? We were out celebrating our twenty-fifth birthday.

Holt was in a hurry as always to get to the bars and start drinking. I sighed heavily as he pulled me into the bar. I love spending time with my brother and our friends, but there must be more to life than this? I craved excitement and adventure.

Don't get me wrong. I love this small town and felt connected to it. I love my parents and they adore us both. But it was always dull and boring here. I am a dreamer and a fairytale kinda girl. We all dream about the hot Prince Charming that will come and whisk us away. 

"Come on, Holland... The party awaits us."

Holt chuckled as Holt pulled me out of my thoughts. He pulled open the door to the local bar. Inside waiting with party poppers were our closest friends.

"Happy Birthday!"

We both chuckled at our friends as they cheered before placing drinks down on the table in front of us as we sat down in the booth. My brother's best friend Chase grinned at me as he moved closer to me. He is a nice guy and we dated a few times, but there was something missing between us. I moved a bit closer to Holt and he chuckled as he whispered into my ear.

"I see Chase hasn't given up on you huh?"

I gave my brother a desperate look of help, but he chuckled. I felt Chase ran his hand up my thigh as I looked at him in surprise as he grinned. I swallowed hard as I politely smiled back at him.

A hand then came across the table in front of me. I looked up to see a handsome man standing in front of me with a sexy smile. He spoke softly to me.

"Miss, You seem like you are needing some air... Would you like to join me?"

I gazed up at him as I took in his beauty. I felt one of my friends tap my arm and giggle at me. I just couldn't take my eyes off him. He then chuckled softly.

"Erm... Yeah... Er... Yes, okay."

I nudged Holt to scoot over to let me out of the booth as the handsome man stood still watching me. I took his hand then he walked me outside. I looked back at him and felt myself being pulled into his gorgeous dark blue eyes. He chuckled softly again. Once we were outside the door to the bar I spoke softly.

"Erm... Thank you for saving me back there."

"I thought you needed saving... And I was right."

I wished for a Prince Charming but a knight in shining armour will do just fine. I watched his sexy eyes as I spoke again.

"I'm Holland, by the way.. Can I have your name?"

He grinned as he spoke.

"I'm Romeo. It is a pleasure to meet you, Holland."

My god! His name is Romeo... Thank you! Thank you, for answering my prayers! He is just perfect. He was still looking into my eyes as his dark-blonde hair fell across his eyes. I wanted to move it gently away for him. I bit my bottom lip to stop myself.

I was instantly attracted to him and I felt something back from him too. I didn't know what it was but I felt safe with him. I know it sounded crazy in my head but there was something different about him and I wanted to know more.

His eyes sparkled in the evening light as the sun was setting. His hand came up to my head and gently tucked my hair behind my ear. His fingers softly touched the side of my face and I felt my body tingle. I watched him as his soft supple lips curled into a sexy smile. I wanted to know how they would feel pressed against mine.