Eyes On You

A few days have passed and I still have a lot on my mind with my brothers and now Breeze wants to father my next child. I am not supposed to know about Holt so whenever I see him around, I have to smile and pretend I know nothing. I have to wait for him to tell me as I know he still wants to talk.

We have all been busy with our plans for making the dragon realm a better home for all. Most of the males and dragons have been either teaching the younger ones at dragon school or been practising their fighting skills.

The witches and the Angels have been having talks with Romeo and Brody and myself about making some new buildings. We have been having votes and most of them want a bar built so they can relax and chat after a hard day. I knew Holt would be up for that Idea. 

Amber and Rye have volunteered to run the place and it will help the community come together so we get to know everyone better. I must admit there isn't much to do here. They mostly grow things and teach and make things for the market to trade. Magic is used mostly to help with things that are needed. I know the Angels will turn things around with Kara and Luna's input.

I am helping in the vegetable gardens today. I am helping with the planting of more seeds. It is hot and hard work. I smile at the others as we dig and plant more vegetable seeds together.

"My queen, you don't need to help us. This isn't a place for a queen."

"It's okay, I want to help. We are all the same here and we all eat the same food, so we all need to help to grow it."

"Yes, but I don't want you to strain yourself. I know! Please would you fetch the water from the well? That is much easier work."

I chuckled at the kind woman. I knew she was one of the witches here that sometimes helped to look after my daughters.

"Okay, if you insist, I will fetch the water."

As I turned away from her I noticed Quinn watching me. He smiled as he walked over.

"I see you are busy as always, my queen. Please let me help you with fetching the water."

"Thank you, but just how long have you been watching me?"

He chuckled as he spoke.

"Only for a few minutes. You stopped me in my tracks. The way the suns are shining on you, is a beautiful sight, my queen."

He chuckled as he took the watering can from me and I blushed. We walked together to the well to fetch the water. As we reached the well. I watched his strong muscles in his arms as he lowered the bucket down the well to the water then brought the bucket back up full of water.

I watched him tip the water into the watering can. I was drawn to him, I couldn't take my eyes off him. He is so beautiful. I could see a glowing aura around him. He smiled up at me as he spoke. But I was so fixed on him I never heard what he said.

"My queen?"

"My queen? Are you okay?"

I felt him touch my cheek as he looked into my eyes.

"Erm... Yes, sorry I.."

He chuckled softly as he spoke.

"Let's take this water back to the gardens."

I nodded as he took my hand as he carried the bucket in the other. I felt my heart racing so hard, both of them. Why was I feeling so attracted to him? Was he because he is an Angel?

We arrived back at the gardens and the woman smiled as Quinn placed down the watering can. I was about to pick it up when the woman spoke.

"My queen. I will do that. You have done enough in helping us today... Please enjoy the rest of the day."

"But I still wanted to help."

Quinn then spoke as he took my hand again.

"My queen, if I may? I wish to go for a walk with you?"

The woman smiled as she looked at me and nodded.

"If you are sure then I will leave you to it."

She nodded then I turned towards Quinn.

"I would love to walk with you, thank you."

He smiled then pulled gently on my hand. We walked to the far end of the gardens. Quinn was smiling at me as he stopped walking. His beautiful blue eyes looked into me as he spoke.

There is something I want to show you for a while now."

"What is it?"

He chuckled softly.

"This."

He waved his hand in front of him and I noticed he had frozen time. Everything around us has frozen apart from us.

"I knew you were able to freeze time, this is amazing seeing it, but why am I not frozen too?"

"Because you are next to me. I also want to tell you something and I want us to be completely alone as I do it."

Quinn smiled as he caressed my face then moved my hair from my shoulder as he spoke.

"I am falling in love with you, my queen. I fell in love at first sight... I will win over your heart and I don't care how long it takes as my love will never change... Nothing will stand in my way."

I looked at him stunned. I never knew he felt that way. I am attracted to him and I hoped he was with me, but I was not expecting him to fall so quickly in love.

He watched me looking for my response to his confession. He smiled as he kissed my hand softly.

"Wow, I wasn't expecting this. Quinn I.."

Quinn spoke quickly and cut me off.

"I can't look away from your beauty, my queen... I always have to keep my eyes on you."

"Angels have a similar rule to dragons. When we fall in love we are committed to that love completely, but if we are tempted to break that love then we lose our wings and we are returned to god for punishment... The normal punishment for that is... We are taking out of existence."

I gasped as I heard his words. He chuckled softly as he pulled me into his arms.

"But that won't happen to me as I will never break the love I feel for you, my queen... I wish to stay in the dragon realm with you, but all I ask is for you to become mine and accept my love for eternity."

I felt his lips on mine as he kissed me softly. As we pulled our lips away from each other, I felt snow start to fall into me. I looked at Quinn as I chuckled.

"Are you doing this, Quinn?"

He chuckled as he nodded then kissed me again with more passion. It then started to snow more but still gently as we kissed. He then spoke against my lips between kisses.

"I can make it snow fast or slowly... It is attached to my emotions. The more passionate I become... The harder the snow will fall."

Quinn pulled me in closer to his body. I felt his chest on mine as his kiss became passionate. The snow fell harder and I chuckled.

"This is amazing, Quinn... Thank you for showing me this."

"I love you so much. I want to share things with you... I also want to show you my wings when the time is right."

He chuckled as he kissed me passionately once more.