Part fiftyseven

When her screams stopped Rex looked up.

He hadn't stopped, therefore it startled him, that she wasn't screaming.

Anakin sat there, like he'd seen a ghost.

When he finally caught himself, the first thing he did was to check for her pulse.

His heart skipped a beat, when he couldn't find one.

Luckily, he realised moments later, that there was one.

One so light, that he oversaw it in the first moment.

Obi-Wan and Rex stared at the bleeding wound on Ahsokas Lekku in disbelief.

Anakins heart was beating way to fast, and his hands were shivering, as he held the fragile body of his dying Padawan.

Finally Rex came back to his senses.

The schock sat deep, but he was quick thinking enough to grab bacta and a bandage and a wet piece of fabrik.

Carefully he cleaned and treated the new injury, to make sure it wouldn't get infected as well.

Ahsoka didn't move.

She hung limply in Anakins grip.

Anakin himself was close to crying.

Yes. The great Anakin Skywalker, the hero without fear was almost breaking down in tears.

It was the pain of a young girl that could scare him so much.

The fear of loosing her.

Yet she was lying in his arms, limp and pale, her skin so cold.

When Rex was ready with treating to her new head wound he finished disinfecting the huge gash on her leg.

Then he covered it in a thick layer of Bacta and rewrapped it in a new clean bandage.

With what they have gotten from the crash side, they had plenty of them.

Ahsoka still wasn't moving. Obi-Wan took the blankets and laid them around her, tucking her in, so that she wouldn't freeze.

Anakin didn't let her out of his grip.

He held kept holding her unconscious body against his chest, feeling the cold of her skin even through his clothes, hoping, pleading in his mind, that she'd make it. He didn't believe in it, but that didn't stop this desperate hope.

Ahsoka herself didn't woke.

Nit the night.

Not the day.

Not the night.

Anakin couldn't sleep.

He hadn't let her go yet.

Sweat lay on her forehead, she was moving from time to time, like you would when having a nightmare.

He send calming force waves all the time, but apparently it was none.

Rex sat down next to his General, holding him a bowl of water.

Anakin wanted to give it to Ahsoka.

Rex stopped him.

"It's for you. You have to drink as well."

Anakin sighed, but drank it.

He was kinda thirsty after all.

Actually he was really thirsty.

The he put the bowl away again and laid his arm back around Ahsoka, still not wanting to release her from his grip.

"She's going to be okay." Rex said.

"I hope so." was the Jedi Knights silent answer.

"She will. It's Ahsoka after all."

Anakin nodded, looking at the pale figure of his Padawan.

Shivering from the cold, covered in sweat, breathing so light, it was hardly heard.

His gaze dropped to the flloor.

"It was her. It was herself who crushed that stone against her Lekku."

A tear dropped from Anakins eye and fell on the skin of the young girl.

"In how much pain must she have been to do that Rex. How terrible must it have hurt?"

The clone gave a sad smile. "No matter how much it was. She. Will. Survive." he said it with such a sternness in his voice, that it made Anakins heart ache.

After all that happened, how could Rex still be so hopeful?

"What if she doesn't want to" he said then, going pale as he realised what he said.

Yet he followed the thought. "What if she didn't just knocked herself out, but wanted to kill herself. What if it had been so much, that she just wanted it all to end?" he swallowed hard, as he realised the consequences of that.

"That would mean that she isn't fighting to wake up. Rex, that could mean..."

Rex stopped him with shaking his head. "If she lost hope, we have to have hope for her too. She's exhausted so we will stand by her and remind her, for what she's fighting. As long as we don't give up, she wont either."

The knight went silent. He didn't knew what to reply.

He hoped the captain was right, that she would wake up.

And he knew, that he was right that he had to keep his own hopes. That he had to be strong for her.

It just hurt so much...

Ge almost slapped himself at that thought.

Him? It hurt him?

He reminded himself of the screams he heard from Ahsoka.

She was the one going through an insane amount if pain.

Through agony.

How could he say it hurt him to much? That he was exhausted.

No. He would stay strong and hopefully she would as well.