Page fourtyfive

He held Ahsoka close, even after Rex was finished with the disinfectants.

The clone was not a medic, so everything else he could do was basically putting bacta on it and hope for the best.

Yet, while he did that Anakin refused to let Ahsoka out of the hug.

The girl didn't seem to mind.

Actually she seemed to like, no to need it.

As no disinfectants touched her wound anymore, her screams stopped.

Her tears did not.

Weeks of holden back pain erupted in sobs, while she buried her face in Anakins shoulder.

She needed a break.

She needed this hug, and Anakin was there for her.

Carefully rubbing her back he whispered calming things to her.

That he would help her through this. That she was not alone. That she should just let al the tears out.

So she did.

Anakin felt the tension leave her muscles, when Rex put the bacta on the wound, but bacta was of no use against the tension put onto her mind in the last time.

"It's okay. I'm here" he mumbled again, pulling her even closer.

Her sobs became quieter.

Rex was ready with the bacta and now put a clean white bandage around the nasty wound.

"I'm ready Commander" he told her, but got no answer.

Ahsoka wasn't even really hearing him, her face still buried into Anakins shoulder, she finally found the safety she searched the past days.

It was okay. Her master was there. She wS going to be okay, he would take care of that.

She could finally rest.

Safe in Anakins arms she let all the sobs she had buried under a strong Fassade out.

All the fear of dying, al the pain of the wound, all the desperate fight.

With every tear that ran out of her eyes it seemed to get lighter.

Yet she was growing more exhausted with every breath she took.

It already hurt her lungs to breath and a long needed sleep started to take over.

Anakin held his Padawan, until she dazed off completely, maybe even a bit longer.

Obi-Wan wasn't about to give him a lecture about the codex and emotional bonding this time.

They're little sister was safe. That was all that counted.

Rex went over to Ahsokas side, injecting some medicine against the fever and the infection, then Anakin gently laid her back down on the purr-blanket.

Carefully he laid one of the other blankets over her, tucking her in, like a little child.

It felt as if a giant stone would have been lifted from his heart, as thanks to the medicine Ahsokas breath became less ragged and more even.

They all could rest now.

They're youngest was save.