Page fivtysix

Tears gathered in Rex eyes as he had to listen to Ahsokas screams.

He felt his heart break at them.

It was so loud, that his ears hurt and the birds ob the trees around flew away.

Ahsoka had her eyes squeezed shut.

Anakin had wrapped one arm around her upper body, keeping her still, the other one around her head, he pressed her gently against his chest.

She didn't move anyway.

She screamed like she was burning alive, yet she didn't move a muscle.

Anakin knew he would never get this moment out of his mind.

It would haunt him for the rest of his live.

How Ahsoka laid there, in his arms. Screaming in pure agony.

The light shivering that coursed through her body.

The pain, that radiated off of her through the force, so heavy, that Anakin wanted to scream as well.

His body ached from the pure effort of shielding himself from this waves.

And all the time in the back of his mind, that Ahsoka had to go through even more.

It ached in his head to know that. It ached so hard, that tears burned in his eyes, not able to escape.

After a quarter of the wound Rex made a break.

Ahsoka stopped screaming in an instant.

It were the disinfectants causing her this pain, if they were helping or not.

Ahsokas breath went hard, yet it wasn't heavy nor fast.

„Snips? You're okay?"

A shallow nod was the answer.

It wasn't to be seen, but Anakin felt the slight movement against his chest and rubbed her back reassuringly.

She didn't react on this.

They waited a few minutes, then Rex started again.

And the screaming started again as well.

Afterwards Anakin scolded himself, that he hadn't notice her hand move.

He should have, by how less she had moved before.

That her screams seemed to get louder, since the pain must have increased at her moving.

But he didn't.

And when her hand moved upward as quickly as she could, it already was to late.

When he saw the stone in her pale hand, it already had crushed against her Lekku.

She went limp in his arms almost immediately.

The pain had been to much.