Page seventyone

The first thing she took in was the smell.

It smelled like roasted meat, stirring her stomach with hunger.

The next were the vibration, which she picked up through echo location. A sense that her Montral provided.
It was a dim one. Even, but not loud.

After that she the actual noise reached her. Laughing and talking. Not so dim. But not as loud as it would be in the mess. And far from being formal.

The she realised she was warm. She didn't knew wether that sensation came before or after the others, but she certainly felt warm. Not the feverish kind, but cozy.

She realised, that she was wrapped in a blanket.

Then another realisation hit her. The pain... it wasn't gone, no certainly not. But it was so dimm.

It actually was so dim that she was able to think.

Had she died?

No then the pain would have been gone all together right?

She would be one with the force then, not having a body that could hurt at all.

Or were rather the old Legends from Shili true, that you would live on in the wind? Still she would be lacking a body, so she came to the conclusion, that she still was alive.

Maybe this was a fever dream? The fever occasionally had allowed her to dream of being without the pain.

She carefully felt around with the force, not wanting to bust the merciful illusion.

But she could sense her masters, Obi-Wans and Rex Signatur clear as day. That certainly was not an illusion. It was real.

Had... somehow... she been healed? That was about impossible.

She slowly forced her eyes open.

Quickly noticing that she was on the lap of her master, her head burrowed in his side, she identified the soft vibration she picked up as his heartbeat.

His body rocked a bit as he chuckled about something.

Blinking a few times Ahsoka tried to move.

That got her all the attention. The conversation stopped.

"Snips?" Anakin asked, carefully moving her up a bit, to see wether she was awake.

"S...Sgy... guy..." she slurred.