Page fiveteen

„Are you sure you don't want my help?" Anakin asked once again.

„I told you way way to often. Stay at the fire, sit down and rest. I don't want you to catch a cold and you deserved a kriffing break"

She was picking up plants and putting them into the river, right there, where they got the other ones out a hour ago.

She limped instead of walking and Anakin was worried.

He could feel her pain and he doesn't like it.

„You know, you deserved a break as well."

Ahsoka shook her head. „Of all of us I'm doing the easiest work"

„Yeah, but you're injured, so I guess you should rest the most."

She didn't answered, instead she sat down with the basket once again and started collecting more of these little plants.

„Besides I'm pretty sure you don't know how to get them without hurting yourself." she clarified then.

„Why should I hurt myself by collecting plants?"

„Because you cannot touch them at they're leaves or you're getting a burn from they're acid."

„And you are collecting these things!!!"

Ahsoka shook her head in annoyance.

„Yes I do. And I didn't burn myself even once."

Anakin watched her even more careful after that.

„You know, if you really wanna help, you could make another basket."
She told him after a while.

"See that little tree at the edge of the clearing? That one that's not even as high as your waist? Get some sticks from it. You can bend them. Bind them into a basket."

Thankful for a task, that was keeping his mind busy Anakin did as he was told.

Quickly he found out, that he definitely was to stupid for that.

"Ah.... Snips?" he asked. She turned around.

"What is it SkyGuy?"

"How?" The Jedi slowly asked. This really wasn't his element.

Ahsoka limped over to her tent, pulled out the second basket (Anakin saw three when he looked in) limped back to Anakin an gave it to him.

"Just like that one" was her advice, before she got back to her work.

Anakin watched her for a moment, then concentrated on the basket.

He needed some time to figure out how Ahsoka had done it, but then he was able to copy it.

When he looked up again, the basket halfway ready, he saw Ahsoka, who was working with something that looked like the half of a net.

"What are you doing" he asked interested.

"A fishing net. Makes it easier to get food and I don't have to stand that long anymore" She was deeply concentrated while she worked on it.

Anakin wondered once again, how the kid, he'd known for so long could do these things without him knowing.

But then again, it was probably his own ego, that stopped him from realising, because Rex knew. Of course Rex knew...

By the way...

"You know when the other will be back?"

She shook her head.

"They'll be back when they're ready. That could be now or in the evening. How is the basket going"

Anakin looked down at his work.

"Should be ready somewhen this day. But it doesn't look as good as your's."

"Well we're not here for aesthetic." She replied