Page fourtytwo

The birds had stopped flying.

Obi-Wan had noticed that.

Which meant, that Anakin and Rex had to go by foot.

Which meant they had to go around the poisoned area.

Which meant they needed longer.

Maybe days.

Ahsoka didn't woke up after she promised Obi-Wan to hol on one more day.

But for now, she was still alive.

Her ragged breath proved it.

She already had survived way longer than she should have been able too.

But she was getting weaker.

Weaker and thinner.

She seemed to be only skin and bones.

Obi-Wan slowly began to fear, that even if she might survive this, she would starve somewhen in the winter.

But he couldn't do a thing about it.

Without her awake, he couldn't give her meat or fish to eat.

And other than Rex did, he had no idea which berry's were eatable, and which not.

He had tried to mash some meat, but that hadn't exactly turned out well.

He carefully took the boiling water from the fire.

Apparently Ahsoka had made a clay-bowl somewhen, which gave him the opportunity to boil water.

This way he could make sure, that there were no bacterias or whatever left, before he used it to clean her wound.

While he waited for the water to cool down a bit, he carefully removed the improvised bandage around Ahsokas leg.

The wound hasn't exactly became better.

Worse would be the right word to describe it's development.

Yellow pus kept on oozing out of the wound, taking some blood with it.

The red of the skin around the cut was quite a contrast to the pale rest.

She didn't react on him, since she was still unconscious, but he could feel the pain coursing through her anyway.

Maybe she was semiconscious, he wasn't sure.

He corrected himself, when he accidentally touched the wound, and her muscles immediately tensed.

Yes, she was semiconscious.

He gently stroked her upper arm.

She really had a lot to go through right know.

A broken arm, her burned side, which included the other arm, her broken ankle and this giant thing of a wound on her other leg.

"Poor thing..." Obi-Wan mumbled,  as he reached for the cloth he had boiled together with the water.

He carefully cleaned the the wound, wiping away the pus and blood.

When he was finished, he used the rest of the boiled water to clean the bandage, hanging it on the frame over the fire to dry.

Since she wasn't moving, and the cut wasn't bleeding anymore, it wasn't terrible to leave the wound to the air for a moment.

And as soon as the bandage was dry, Obi-Wan carefully rewrapped it.

Ahsoka hadn't moved during the entire procedure.

That wasn't exactly relieving Obi-Wan.

Anakin had to return soon, or the girl would die, the Jedi-Master knew that.

He just hoped his former Padawan would make it in time.

Apart from the fact, that without Ahsoka they'd been screwed out in the forest, he would miss her as well.

He sighed when he realised, how much he would actually miss her.

This way or another, the young Padawan had snuck her way, not only in his heart, but in Anakins, and the clones hearts as well.

She just became a part of their world, and no one wanted to loose her.