Page twentysix

Anakin didn't found out how long she stayed awake that night. And she hoped he never would.

She spend the entire night burning the clay.

It took a lot of effort from her to get all the wood she needed from the forest, toss it in there and everything.

Rex would have helped her, she knew, bit she needed him to rest, so he could keep the others alive, as soon as she couldn't anymore.

As the sun rose, she was just getting the ashes out of the little hole.

The room for their food was ready.

And she felt ready to collapse.

Her leg... she didn't even felt her foot touch the ground anymore. Just the sharp pain flooding through her, when she took a step.

She didn't walk anymore. Even limping was to soft to explain what she was doing there.

She practically dragged herself around.

Just staying standing, because she wanted to make sure her master, master Kenobi and Rex survived.

That was the last thing, forcing her to take one step after another.

She looked at the sun, peaking over the horizon.

She hold the promise she gave herself.

She did experience the next sunrise.

She took a deep breath, inhaling the fresh air of a new morning.

A weak smile formed on her lips.

"If you'll be there tomorrow l, I'll survive one more night to see ya rising again." she told the sun, settling the deal with a little nod.

She wasn't that weak, that she wouldn't be able to make that.

Then she turned to what was left of the animals.

She already started working with the skin of the animals, doing her best to turn it into leather.

Thanks to a few little tricks Master Ti had shown her, her efforts started to work.

Not enough that anyone would notice of course.

But thanks to the coal of the fire, she was able to dehair and degrease the skin. Well, she had left the hair on one, just washing it. The fur was going to be useful sometime. She was sure about that.

Now she had to deflesh it.

Since she was missing the right tools, she had to use a sharp stone.

No way her knife would work for this one.

She had to be careful, to not cut through the to-be-leather.

By the time Anakin, Rex and Obi-Wan got up, she already had 1/5 through.

"Sleeping long today, aren't ya?" she greeted them.

Anakin groaned.

"The tents are so warm, and out here it's so cold."

Rex smiled.

"How do you feel Ahsoka?" Obi-Wan asked the girl.

"Better then yesterday. I guess the cold is wearing off" she replied, giving them a smile.

Relief flooded over Anakins face. "That's great Snips."

"So... are you going to get wood?" She asked in Obi-Wans direction.

"To your service" the Jedi-Master replied and headed for the woods.

"I'm going for some roots and stuff then" Rex said, heading off as well.

"What's my task?" Anakin wanted to know.

"Build a door."

"A door?! In the forest!"

"For the room you built yesterday Di'kut. To stop animals from entering."

"Oh..."

So Anakin headed off as well.