Page fourtynine

When the others woke up, surprisingly Ahsoka was still awake.

She was tired, yes, but she managed to stay awake.

A great leap forward, since she hasn't stayed conscious for more than an hour before.

"Mornin" she greeted them, as her Master woke up, her voice still silent.

"Good morning Snips" Anakin replied, as he realised his Padawan was awake.

"Feeling better?"

She smiled a little. "a bit" she answered slowly.

He walked over, sat beside her and helped her up into a sitting position as well.

He knew how much she hated to not being able to sit by herself and wanted to make her at least a bit more comfortable.

"You slept well?" he asked. She nodded slightly.

"Hungry" she mumbled then.

Despite being still awake, she still didn't have a lot of energy.

Anakin stretched out a hand and used the force to direct a piece of meat over to them.

Ahsoka attempted to lift her arm, to grab and eat it, but quickly realised that she still was not able to.

Anakin took the meat and ripped parts off to feed them to her.

She still felt a bit humiliated by it.

She had to get stronger.

The cold winds woke Obi-Wan, as the decided to blow a bunch of leaves in his face.

He coughed as he accidentally swallowed dirt that came along and spit it out.

"I hate wind" he mumbled as he sat up, just to be annoyed by the mosquitos greeting him.

That woke Rex.

Ahsoka and Anakin giggled over that.

Rex rubbed his eyes and looked around.

"Good morning everyone"

"Morning" they replied.

Rex smiled at the sight if Ahsoka awake.

"How do you fell little un?" he asked.

"Better..." she answered slowly "just ... hungry..."

"Guess it's a good thing that you're hungry again" Rex said, watching Anakin feed Ahsoka.

She was eating really slowly.

"When you're ready, I'll have to rebind and disinfect your wound again. Just to make sure." he explained.

She nodded.

Her eyelids dropping a bit, but quickly being pulled open again.

Anakin kept on feeding her the meat.

She didn't got far.

Not even a quarter of the piece of meat was gone, as she told him that she was full.

He tried to get her to eat one more bite, but when she did, she just threw up to the side.

Anakin closed his eyes for a moment in defeat, then used the force to throw the thrown up into the river.

Gently he petted Ahsokas back, as the girl breathed heavily.

Obi-Wan stood up and got her a bowl of water, so that she could wash the taste of thrown up out of her mouth.

Rex looked at the ground as he saw that.

After all it seems to take longer than he hoped for her to get better.

When they were ready, he picked up the medical things and sat down next to Ahsokas injured leg.

Anakin still had Ahsoka leaned against him, rubbing her arm reassuringly.

Obi-Wan came over as well, to hold her leg down again, in case she started to trash around.

Rex removed the bandage and looked at the wound.

It still was badly swollen, but there seemed to be less purulence oozing out.

He smiled a bit.

A small achievement, bit still one.

Firstly he carefully cleaned it with water, then he took a piece of bandage and dumbed it in the disinfectants.

"Ready Little'un?" he asked. She nodded a bit.

Anakin held her close.

He knew himself, how much it hurts to get a wound disinfected.

But he didn't even want to imagine, how it had to feel, when the wound looked like that.

They were not used to injuries escalating like that.

Not with medical care so easy available normally.

Ahsoka squeezed her eyes shit, as Rex started to disinfect the wound, but this time did not scream.

She had time to recover. Not much, but enough to get enough tension off her mind, that she could cope with the pain, the disinfectants caused.

Besides, they all were with her.

She could feel her Master holding her, sensed Obi-Wan and Rex next to her.

They all were there for her.

She forced herself to breath evenly, as her leg felt like it was burning.

The feeling of her Master rubbing her arm became distant, as after hours of being awake, the unconsciousness decided to take her in one more time.

But it was okay.

Because this time she knew, that she would wake up again.

Hey guys. Sorry, that it took me so long.
Normally I write late in the night. (Or what is night over here. Dunno which time is where ever you are) but now my dad forbid me to use my phone after 22:30, so I'm kinda screwed and have to get used to write at other times of the day. Therefore it might take a bit longer for me to update, until I got used to my new writing times.

Have a good day