Chapter 28: The Monster Island

Poump awoke in a strange land billowed in darkness. Black squares floated into the air, and a dark palace with red energy coursing through itself stood in the distance. He noticed that his friends were there as well. Eventually, a few black squares formed into a dark figure, who Poump recognized as Veerus.

Veerus started speaking with their mask on. Their voice must have been amplified by the suit they were wearing. "Hello, beings of Hyrule." Veerus said. "I am speaking to you through your mind. The place that you are in right now is known as the Twilight Realm. It is my home. I take it you have met Ganondorf before. I saw you on the Great Plateau, assisting that meddlesome princess. I want to kill Ganondorf for many reasons. Many ages ago, he manipulated a mentally ill Twili named Zant. Ganondorf forced Zant to do many terrible things, not only to the people of the Twilight Realm, but also to the people of Hyrule. As a result, the Hero of that time period had to end Zant's life, with the assistance of my ancestor."

Poump opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

"You cannot speak until I am finished." Veerus said. "That same Ganondorf, sometimes referred to as Ganon, has ravaged Hyrule throughout the ages. Never tiring at his one goal of bringing chaos to Hyrule. I want to kill Ganondorf for all he's done to Hyrule, as well as put an end to something else. You've met Ghirahim before. We've been working together to find ways to bring me here in order to assist him with his conquest to be reunited with Demise. His logic was to generate chaos so that way Demise would find his way to him. I worked my way into the top, found my way here, and now I pretend like I am an ally of Ghirahim's. I am mostly using him as a means to an end. The being known as Demise put a curse onto the Goddess' Land, which subjects it to an endless cycle of torment. Ganondorf would always be there to carry out whatever the curse wanted him to do. The Goddesses also foolishly gave the Triforce of Power to Ganondorf. I suppose you have heard of the Triforce before. The other two Triforce pieces belong to the Queen that you know as Zelda, and the Hero known as Link. It is said that when all three pieces of the triforce are united, you can touch it to make your wish come true. I know that Demise and Ghirahim will want to kill the three wielders of the Triforce, so when they do, I will take advantage of the opportunity and use the United Triforce in order to wish for a world in which Demise's curse doesn't exist, as well as the Royal Family, for as long as they live, Demise's curse will continue." Veerus paced back and forth and then stopped. "I should properly introduce myself." Veerus pulled off their helmet to reveal a somewhat tall and slender head, colored with a light blue color, and orange hair. They also seemed to be feminine. "My name is Midna the 17th. And I am here to put an end to the endless conflict that Hyrule is tormented with. You may speak now." Midna the 17th put her hand forward and then pulled at the air. The party felt their vocal cords return.

"Why would the Royal Family be involved in this?" Zhago said. "All they ever did was well intentioned."

Midna the 17th looked at Zhago with a surprised expression. "This is surprising coming from a Sheikah Warrior like yourself. Do you know what the Royal Family did to your kind back then?"

Zhago shook his head. "Whatever they did, that was in the past."

"Also, if you want to destroy the Royal Family, wouldn't that mean you would need to kill Hilda as well?" Poump said.

"Yes. That is the means to my end. I wish to create a new world, one where Demise's curse doesn't exist. One where the Royal Family's messy history wouldn't exist. It says a lot when you, Sheikah Warrior, don't even know of their wrongdoings." Midna the 17th looked at her helmet. "This helmet's design is based on what Zant's helmet looked like. It works as a reminder to tell me that the past is full of mistakes. Repeated mistakes. The saying known as 'History repeats itself' must die." Midna looked up at them. "Would you wish to join my conquest?"