Chapter 25: The Demon King and the Hero of Time

Ganondorf and the party rode their horses across Hyrule Field. The moon started setting, and the sun started rising. Zhago decided to pull out the Eye of Truth and examine Ganondorf, who had a purple energy flowing through his veins. They rode up the Great Plateau, which was a landmass that overlooked all of Hyrule Field, and it even had a Sheikah Tower on top of it, which rose into the sky quite magnificently. Ganondorf rode up to the side of the Plateau and got off of his horse, with Hilda in his arms. "We're here." Ganondorf said to the party.

Uten looked up the side of the Plateau. "You want us to go up there? I'm not sure if all of us can go up there."

"If you don't want to join me, then so be it. However, I must take her with me up there, into the Temple of Time." Ganondorf carried Hilda in one of his arms and approached the wall.

"We'll follow you, since you have Hilda with you." Poump said. Uten didn't want to join though.

"Shouldn't we be going to Lurelin Village right now? This doesn't concern us." Uten said to Poump.

"This does, because he has Hilda, and knowing what I've read in the history books, this Ganondorf guy could possibly want to kill her." Poump looked at Uten. "I know you just want to get your rupees and finish the mission, but this right here seems to be a lot more important than another 10,000 rupees."

Zhago noticed Ganondorf scaling the side of the Plateau with one arm. "If we really want to go up there, we should do it now. I can go either way."

Poump looked at Tipa. "What do you think, Tipa? Where should we go?"

Tipa looked up the side of the Plateau and then pointed up.

"It's settled then. Let's climb." Poump walked up to the side of the Plateau and brought out his Clawshot and propelled himself up to a patch of vines, which he used to climb up. Tipa pulled out both of her katanas and planted them into the side of the wall, using them to scale the wall. Zhago bent down to allow Uten onto his back and despite her reluctance, she climbed on. Zhago pulled out some climbing gloves and scaled right up the side of the Plateau.

The party all managed to make it onto the Great Plateau. They turned around and were breath taken at the view from up there. Poump however wasn't interested in the view for much longer as he wanted to try and see where Ganondorf was. It didn't take him long to find the red haired Gerudo walking amongst some ruins with the purple haired Princess. Poump ran up to Ganondorf and noticed that Hilda was awake and pointing at different things around the area.

"What is that?" She asked Ganondorf.

"That is a rock." Ganondorf replied.

"No, I know that, silly. I was asking about that large building behind the rock." Hilda pointed at a large ruined cathedral.

Ganondorf looked at it thoughtfully. "That is the Temple of Time. We must go there, but first I need to speak to Rhoam."

"Rhoam? That is my grandfather's name!" Hilda exclaimed to Ganondorf.

"That is because the Rhoam I am seeking is your grandfather." When Ganondorf said that, Hilda widened her eyes.

"Momma told me he's dead!" Hilda said.

"That's because he is." Ganondorf replied.

"How did he die?" Hilda asked.

Ganondorf closed his eyes. "You don't want to know, child."

"I want to know!" Hilda said with authority.

Ganondorf widened his eyes at her tenacity, and the fact that she had not a single sign of hostility towards him. "I killed him."