Chapter 16: The Curse on Kakariko Village

"Kakariko Village? Now? We have this colony of monsters to deal with right now." Uten said.

"I know that. If we make our way to Tarrey Town, we will be getting closer to Kakariko Village, so therefore we can deal with the monsters and go to Kakariko in the same time frame." The Sheikah replied.

"Oh. Well you know what you're doing so I'll follow your lead. I will help you with whatever is happening at Kakariko Village, and after that I will stay in Zora's Domain." Uten said.

"Sounds like a plan." The Sheikah clutched his sides. Poump took out a Bokoblin mask.

"Here, give me the Ocarina. You look like you'd hurt yourself using it too much." Poump said to the Sheikah.

"You're right. You will lead us to Tarrey Town." The Sheikah handed the Ocarina to Poump. Poump put the Bokoblin mask on and walked into the monster colony. The monsters looked at Poump. There were several Bokoblins, Moblins, Lizalfos, and a Lynel. There even appeared to be a bunch of tents set up as well as wooden forts that were built by the monsters. Poump took out the Ocarina and started playing Saria's Song. The monsters followed Poump instantaneously. He led them out of the Leviathan bones and walked them towards the Akkala fields. Uten, the Sheikah, and Tipa kept watch of the monsters within the line. The grassy fields were damp and wet, but thankfully it wasn't raining. The Akkala fields on a clear day looked beautiful. The red and yellow leaves of the trees were a pleasant sight. The squad passed by some travelers who were on horses. The travelers mostly stayed away from the group. The random travelers did not want to toy with the idea of messing with these monsters, even if their parts fetched for such high prices. The fact that there was a Lynel in the pack of monsters also made the idea even worse in their heads.

After trading turns between Tipa, Uten, and Poump, the Squad managed to escort the monsters to Tarrey Town. Hudson and Rhodson were standing in front of the land bridge that leads to Tarrey Town. "Oh my goodness!" Hudson exclaimed. "Those are a lot of monsters!"

"It's a good thing we allocated enough room for them in the nearby forest. We have set up a camp with plenty of food for them to eat from. We will take good care of these monsters, right Hudson?" Rhodson looked at Hudson, who seemed flabbergasted by the idea of keeping monsters so close to Tarrey Town.

"Y-you're right." Hudson replied. "Let's get these things nice and situated."

"Thank you for holding them for us." Poump said.

"You're welcome, Poump!" Hudson replied. "The Monster Squad strikes again!"

"That we have!" Poump said pumping his fist. "Now team, let's head over to Kakariko Village and help them with whatever is happening."

"Let's get our horses." The Sheikah said. Poump played Malon's Melody and their horses ran up to them. "Make haste. I don't know how much more time we have." The squad got on their horses and made haste towards Kakariko Village, which was relatively close to the Akkala Region. They made it past the bridge and through some more main roads and ended up at Kakariko Village. The air seemed to be thinner. The farmers outside looked like they were struggling to even walk. The pumpkin crops were wilted over, and the cuccos in the cucco pen were all sedentary and huddled together. The Sheikah himself started to feel a little more sick, however the other party members didn't seem to fall ill in the same way the whole village had. The Sheikah walked up into Impa's place, feeling like he was about to die. The other party members followed behind, and they all walked inside. Impa was at the other side of the room, and Paya, her assistant, was taking care of her.