Chapter 26: The Return of the Monsters

The party rode forward across the road. They just needed to get moving, as the air around them felt a lot more hostile than it ever was before. 6 horses approached them, and on top of them were 6 Bokoblins. Noticeably 5 of them were red and one of them was blue. 2 of them had spears, 3 of them had bows, and 1 of them had a club. Zhago prepared his bow and Uten gripped her spear. Zhago shot a few arrows and managed to knock down 2 of the Bokoblins. Uten quickly ran her horse right by one of the Bokoblins and stabbed at it with her spear. The Bokoblin screeched and fell off of it's horse and onto the floor, dead. 3 Bokoblins remained. The Bokoblins with spears waved their spears around in a circle, which almost knocked Zhago off of his horse. Tipa pulled out one of her katanas, dodged right under the spear and sliced the Bokoblin off of their horse. Poump had his sword ready and held it out to the side, knocking one of the Bokoblins off of their ride as well. The last Bokoblin, which was blue, used it's bow and shot Zhago in his shoulder. "AUGH!" He exclaimed at the arrow penetrating his shoulder. Zhago recollected himself and shot an arrow at the blue Bokoblin, knocking it off of it's horse, however it got back up and tried to get back onto one of the horses. Poump rode up next to it and swung his sword at it, slicing it's head off.

Uten rode up to Zhago. "Are you alright?" She said to him.

"Nothing a little healing can't fix." Zhago said as he pulled the arrow out of his arm. Uten gave him a red potion, which he downed and felt better afterwards.

Poump rode up to the others. "Not to interject or anything, but do we even know the way to Lurelin Village?"

The party looked at each other, and they had no clue where they should actually be going. "Link said that the village would be to the South, so would that mean we go across the Bridge of Hylia?" Zhago said.

"Yes!" A small voice exclaimed. Poump looked around and then saw the yellow glow of a fairy.

"Tatl?!" Poump said once he saw the fairy, flying out and about.

"Yes, Poump! It's me! The Great Fairy sent me to guide you all! Follow me!" Tatl started flying quickly into the direction of the Bridge of Hylia. The party followed her onto the bridge, but then she stopped. "AHK! Monsters at the middle of the bridge!"

Zhago equipped the Hawkeye and looked at the middle of the bridge. There were 3 Lizalfos using 2 boomerangs and a bow. There was a blockade on the bridge, and Hylian Soldiers were pinned down by the 3 Lizalfos. Zhago took out his bow and shot one of the Lizalfos down. The other 2 noticed the arrow shot and started progressing towards the party. Zhago knocked two arrows and shot both of the Lizalfos down, dead. Tatl resumed flying across the bridge and the party continued following her. They passed by the Hylian Soldiers who continued their patrol on the bridge. Tatl made it to the other side of the bridge and the party followed her into a road that led to a heavily forested area. As they rode through the woods, they heard someone screaming. "Help!" They heard it to their left. Tatl stopped to allow them to investigate. They got off of their horses and found 3 Bokoblins, 2 red and 1 blue, above the beaten bodies of two Hylians. The 2 red Bokoblins were dragging the Hylians on the ground while the blue Bokoblin watched over them. The blue Bokoblin turned around to see the 4 party members and squealed at the sight of them. The other Bokoblins stopped dragging the 2 Hylians and prepared their clubs for battle. Poump went forward shield first to the Bokoblins and Zhago and Tipa flanked the Bokoblins to the sides. The Blue Bokoblin swung at Poump's shield with it's club, which Poump blocked the attacks and then attacked back by thrusting his sword at the Bokoblin, which knocked it back. The other two Bokoblins faced off against Tipa and Zhago. Zhago made quick work of his Bokoblin and Tipa's two katanas overpowered the last Bokoblin. Uten carried the two Hylians off of the ground and back to their horses. The blue Bokoblin got back up and Poump swiped his sword right at it, knocking it down again. Poump jumped into the air and planted his sword right into the Bokoblin's stomach, killing it. The party got back onto their horses and continued following Tatl.