Chapter 27: Visiting Windfall Island

The party situated themselves on the boat. The boat had plenty of rooms for the crew to sleep in. Link walked up to the side of the boat and looked into the distant sea with concern on his face. There was no sign of land in sight around the whole boat, just the endless blue ocean around them. After situating his belongings in his cabin, Poump walked out to the main deck and saw a Goron playing some cards with a Female Rito. The Goron noticed Poump. "Hey brother! Wanna play a game with us?" The Goron asked.

"It's lots of fun." The Rito added.

"I'll think about it." Poump replied.

"Take your time bro, being out at sea is something a lot of us need to be accustomed to." The Goron said.

Poump looked at the ocean. "The thing is, I've already been out at sea before. It's been a long time." He walked towards the railing of the boat and stood next to Link, who was looking out at the sea.

"Hey there kid." Link said when he felt Poump's presence. "How long has it been?"

"Wha?" Poump was confused by the question.

"How long has it been since you've been with your folks? On Windfall Island." Link replied. He looked at Poump in order to read his face.

"Oh yeah." Poump replied. "The last time I was on Windfall Island I was 7 years old. When the news came around that the Calamity in Hyrule was gone, my parents sent me to Hyrule in order to get a new life for myself. It's a good thing my friends also came along."

"That sounds great. Do you remember what it was like living on Windfall Island?" Link asked.

"I only remember small bits and pieces. It's kind of a blur." Poump said.

Link looked at Poump understandably. "I've been there too, Poump." Link then looked out to the ocean with a look of worry on his face. Poump decided to step away from Link and acquaint himself with the other crew members on the boat. He noticed that besides the Goron and the Rito, a Zora and a Gerudo joined in the card game they were playing. Poump decided to sit down with them.

"Mind if I join?" Poump said as he sat down to play.

"Sure thing!" The Goron said. The Gerudo took some of the cards and dealt them out to Poump. He picked up 7 cards and read the back of them.

"Pokemon?" Poump said to himself.

"Yeah! Never played Pokemon before?" The Goron said.

"I've heard of it, just never took the time to play it before." Poump replied to the Goron.

"Tell you what boyo, I'll explain the rules to you!" The Goron started explaining the rules to Poump. Poump started getting a hang of the rules and started playing. About 2 hours passed by, but him and the others were having tons of fun playing the game with each other. The Gerudo would shuffle the cards out of a deck of about 170 cards after every round was done. A standard round of Pokemon took about 25 minutes to play completely. After who knows how many rounds they were playing, Poump started to feel a lot more comfortable with the crewmates. Poump also started hating the Goron a lot less. Goggodu from Castle Town gave him a sour feeling around a lot of Gorons, but seeing how nice this Goron was made him think differently about Gorons, just a little bit.

Uten was in her cabin, slurping away at the last of the potions that Link gave her. The potions helped her tremendously, but she could still feel the small but painful shock of electricity permeate through her body every now and then.