Chapter 4: Skull Kid

They descended into a dungeon, with mossy stone walls. There were torches on the walls, illuminating the area. Ahead of them was what looked like a gravestone with words carved into it. It read, "Sometimes the answer is to go outside and inside again."

At this, the Zora came to a conclusion. "We should go back outside again!"

Link quickly replied. "Now now, we should look around first. See if we can find any other possible exits."

"You're right." Poump said. "We should explore a little more and risk ourselves getting caught by any unpleasant surprises we might find ourselves in right now."

"I hope you remember that we were surrounded by Octorocks outside, among other dangerous things." Link replied. "Here, grab a torch and let's start exploring this place." He handed all of the party members different torches from off the walls. He started walking and all of a sudden some roots started growing from the wall and overwhelmed him. "AUGHK!" Link exclaimed. "DON'T FORGET TO USE THE SLATE!" and then the roots sunk back into the wall.

"Good riddance." Poump said dryly.

"Why do you say that?" The Sheikah replied.

"He would've just dragged us around the dungeon for no good reason."

"He's an established adventurer, Poump. He's lived through much worse."

"All that matters to me is that he's gone now."

"What about that protection he offered us outside? Without him, we wouldn't even be alive in the first place."

At this, Poump started to see the Sheikah's point. "Fine." Poump said, although he persisted with the idea that Link wasn't a good addition to their team. The party walked to one end of the room and found a large boulder obstructing a passageway.

The Zora pointed down at the cucco, which seemed to be walking somewhere. "Hey look, the cucco is going somewhere." They followed the cucco to what looked like a mossy door. They opened it up and found themselves in a rather off putting room. A small bush with berries was in the center of the room, and the cucco started eating away at the berries. The Zora and the crew looked at the cucco eating the berries off the bush, but were then distracted by the sound of moving stone. Behind the stone walls revealed some coffins. The coffins opened up to reveal tall, stalky, skeletal looking beings, with wooden masks on their faces. They started lumbering towards the center of the room.

"In the name of the Chief, what are those things?!" The Zora exclaimed with horror. Poump attempted to pick up the cucco, but it bit his finger. Poump picked it up again and proceeded for the door, only to realize it had bars covering it. The undead people lumbered slowly towards Poump.

"Looks like we have to deal with these things!" Poump said.

"Never fear." The Sheikah said. "We'll be able to defeat these things in no time." The Sheikah then brought out his sword and started slicing at one of the terrible creatures. It fell down, although the rest of them continued lumbering towards Poump.

One of them then let out a terrible screeching sound. "AAAAAAAHHHHHHH" and the whole squad was petrified, unable to move. One of the creatures started grabbing the petrified Sheikah, and started biting away at his neck.

"GAUGH!" The Sheikah said in great pain. Whatever these things were, they started grabbing the whole party as they were petrified. Eventually everyone was able to struggle out of their holds and they ran to the other side of the room before they could get grabbed again.