Chapter 14: The Akkala Region

The rain poured constantly as the party rode towards the Akkala Region. They followed the roads and the road signs and they eventually made it to a fork in the road. One of the roads had a large bridge that lead to a fortress, and the other road went downhill towards a field with trees and a few houses dotted about. The party followed the road downhill and rode passed the houses across the large field. Poump took out his Slate to look at the map of the area. "There's a town called Tarrey Town just south from here." Poump said. "If we want answers, we might want to go there."

"I agree, let's go over there." The Sheikah said. The party rode the horses south. They eventually saw a small town in a circular area with the only way of travel to it by a land bridge. They crossed the land bridge and got off of their horses in Tarrey Town. Most of the inhabitants of the village were indoors, except for one Goron child who was jumping in a water puddle, and a rather muscular Hylian with a big belly and a Gerudo who were underneath an overhang to their house. The party walked up to them.

"Excuse me, would you have happened to hear about a Skull Kid around here?" Poump asked the Hylian and the Gerudo.

"A Skull Kid? I don't even know what that is!" The Hylian responded.

"Wait a moment, are you the Monster Squad?" The Gerudo asked.

"Why yes, how did you know?" Poump was confused as to how this Gerudo knew about them.

"The Queen told us about a group of people assisting her with her mission. It consisted of a Hylian, a Sheikah Warrior, and a Zora. Looks like there are two Hylians here, so that must mean you guys found another friend to tag along with you. You even have a Sheikah Slate on your waist, and only rich folks or people that work under Zelda have one of those. All the evidence points to all of you being the Monster Squad that she talked about. We're even good friends with Link, who is a part of this squad. You've met Link, right?"

"Yeah, we have." Poump replied.

"Nice. Without that man, our lives wouldn't be the same." The Gerudo said and then she and the Hylian kissed each other in the lips without any regard for the party watching them. They stopped kissing. "Say, Link told us to prepare the area around this town for keeping hold of a bunch of monsters. He says it has to do with Zelda's plan. We'll be ready to do anything for Link, even if it means keeping a hold on a bunch of foul monsters near our town."

"Actually, that reminds me, would you happen to know where monsters would live?" Poump asked.

"If you asked us this 9 years ago we would answer correctly. Right now, it's a blind guess." The Hylian said. "We have never seen a single monster in a long time, so you're going to need to ask someone else about the monsters. For as far as we're concerned, we will just be holding them for a while."

"Alright then, thanks anyway. Know of any place where we could ask for some more information about Akkala?"

"Directly North of here if you follow the road, you will find the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab. That would be a good place to get more information at."

"Alright, thank you. What are your names?" Poump asked.

"My name is Hudson." The Hylian said.

"And I am Rhodson." The Gerudo stated.

"And my name is Poump. Take care." Poump waved goodbye to them. They waved back. Poump looked at the Goron child jumping into the puddles. A vein appeared on his head.

"You're becoming a respectable public speaker, Poump." The Sheikah said.

"I guess I am." Poump responded. The party rode their horses up North across the large fields of the Akkala Region. The rain continued. They eventually passed by a stable on the road. They quickly stopped by to buy some supplies and then they continued riding forward. They reached a building that looked quite interesting. It had a large telescope pointed out to the ocean beyond the cliffs. There was a Guardian patrolling the area, but it had a blue eye, so it was fine. The party put their horses in an area under a roof and walked up to the door and passed some blue flames.