Chapter 2: Collecting the Flute

The Monster Squad made it back out of the cave and got on their horses. They rode back into the direction they came from. They passed by the stable that they got their heat potions from. They met up with the Rito from earlier, who was chucking down a health potion. His wing suddenly propped back up in perfect flying condition. He noticed the squad arrive.

"Thank you for giving me that heat potion earlier. Here are some rupees that I promised you." The Rito then handed them 50 rupees. "Come to think of it, you all look very tired. Stay at the stable for a bit and have a chat with me."

The Rito ordered a meal for the squad to eat and they sat down at one of the tables in the stable. The cucco decided to feed on some corn that was leaking out of a nearby bag.

"So what brought you all to the Hebra region?" The Rito asked them.

Poump replied saying "We wanted to take in the sights of the snowy mountains for ourselves."

"Interesting." The Rito said, as he started to examine their clothing. "If you really intended to take in the sights across the Hebra mountains, the lot of you would be outfitted with the Snowquill Outfit. That is something that hikers in the area need to be wearing if they want to slow down and take in the sights of the mountains."

Poump, dumbfounded, couldn't think of anything else to say. The Sheikah spoke up. "We currently don't have enough rupees to buy ourselves full sets of it for ourselves. All we needed were the heat potions."

"Ah-ha, but the heat potions only heat up your insides for so long. You all seemed to be out there for much longer than a heat potion would allow." The Rito looked at the squad with a suspicious look. "You happened to wander into a cave, correct?"

"Correct." Poump said hastily, almost starting to sweat.

"Ah I see, you decided to go looting." The Rito said now with a more relaxed tone in his voice. "Lots of people tend to go looting out old areas in hopes to get some rupees off of what they find. Since you went into a cave, I assume you found some good stuff in there."

The squad started to feel less stressed. Poump replied "Yes! That's exactly what we did!" He then revealed the two clawshots they found in the chest. "We only found this weird old piece of junk, but I bet it'll sell for a ton of rupees!"

"Fascinating!" The Rito exclaimed. "I trust that you can probably put these to good use." The Rito then got up from the table. "Nice chat, kind strangers. I'm going back to Rito Village, so if you ever feel like meeting with me again, I'll be there."

The squad all waved goodbye to the Rito as it flew off towards the mountains. The Zora then added that she was very tired and that they should all take a rest, so they all paid to rest at the stable. The cucco found a good spot of hay to sleep in.

Unanimously, they all opened their eyes to find themselves in what looked like a large white field, with Hyrule Castle in the distance. Strange snake-like creatures swirled above them in the sky. One of them opened their mouths and apparently spoke some words. "We are the three dragons of the Triforce. You are seeing us right now because you have been blessed by the Goddess Hylia to fulfill her mission. Fulfill her mission while keeping yourselves pure at heart, and you will be able to see us in your normal lives." And then in a moment, they all faded away and the squad awoke, this time in the stable that they were sleeping.

Poump decided to go outside for a stretch, and then a group of stable children ran up to him, carrying masks. "Hey funny guy! Play hide and seek with us!"