Chapter 9: A Surprise at Rito Village

It was during the middle of the night when Poump woke up and heard something rustling around his bed side. He noticed a strange small figure looking through his bag. "What the?" Poump said aloud, and the small figure quickly jumped at this. The moonlight revealed this strange person had an egg-shaped head.

"WHOA!" The small figure exclaimed with surprise. "I didn't know you were awake!"

Poump drew his sword. "Who are you and what do you want?"

"Oh please don't murder me! I'm just fascinated by the fact that you own a monster part!"

"Huh?" Poump put his sword down.

"I'm sorry for being so rude and not introducing myself. My name is Kilton, and I am the owner of the Fang and Bone! Have you ever heard of it?"

"Fang and Bone? I remember some crazy people talked to me about it, and you seem a lot like one of them."

"Oh-ho-ho, of course! I'm a very crazy Hylian mainly because of my obsession over monsters! I just love them!" Kilton looked down sadly. "However, it seems the monster population is extremely endangered, so I haven't gotten the chance to see many monsters in so long. Up until this night when I was flying around here and I found a whole camp of monsters just sitting outside of this village!"

Poump quickly interrupted with some questions. "Hold up, you can fly? Second up, what exactly is the Fang and Bone?"

"Oh yes! The Fang and Bone is my shop that I own! It's also a hot air balloon, so therefore I can fly to many places! I only ever do this at night time by the way."

"So it's a shop? What items do you sell and for how many rupees?"

"Rupees? Oh that's silly! I use mon as my currency! I sell very unique items like monster masks, ingredients, and special weapons like the Spring-Loaded Hammer!"

"Wait a second, you mean to tell me that you have a whole shop with items and stuff and you only use a special currency for that shop? That's called a monopoly!"

"What? What's a monopoly?" Kilton was confused.

"It's basically when you manage to make a business that's exclusive in it's supply and tra-"

"Okay okay okay okay, I get it. I was never one to listen to politics." Kilton didn't like being questioned this intensely. "I'm not very in tune with society at large, which is why I am such a freak to people." Kilton then banged his large forehead onto a wooden beam, making a loud noise. This woke up the others who were sleeping just fine before hand. The Sheikah noticed Kilton and drew his throwing stars.

"What the heck is that thing, Poump?" The Sheikah said, feeling paranoid.

"He's not a thing, he's a Hylian named Kilton." Poump said quickly. Kilton nodded in agreement.

The Sheikah put his throwing stars away. "Oh. Alright then." Then the Sheikah fell back to sleep without a moment's notice. The Zora was still awake however.

"So, Kilton, why are you here?" The Zora asked as she walked up to him. Kilton was very intimidated by how tall this Zora was. He normally doesn't have many people approach him when he's outside of his shop, and the large spear on the Zora's back didn't help much with making her look friendly.

"Ahh, I'm here because I know you're in possession of a monster part, specifically some Bokoblin Guts."

Poump reached through his bag and pulled out the Bokoblin Guts. "You mean this?"