Chapter 17: Remembering Old Friends

Shortly after Impa's burial, the village convened into Impa's place. Tables were set up, with food. And positioned on where Impa once sat, a painting of Impa was in her place. The party was eating food with the rest of the villagers. Link, Zelda, Hilda, Prince Sidon, and Paya were looking at the painting of Impa. Prince Sidon eventually walked back to the tables, as he wanted to speak to Uten about something important. Sidon chose to start eating, but didn't want to startle Uten because he knew she was quite skittish. Link, and Zelda went back to the tables, with Hilda having her hand held by Zelda. Paya was left looking at the painting, crying her eyes out even more. She couldn't take it anymore and walked upstairs to be alone.

The only sound that existed in the room were light sobs and the munching of food. The food being served was Pumpkin Soup, Veggie Cream Soup, Pumpkin Pie, Honeyed Apples, and Meat Stuffed Pumpkins. A 15 year old girl served the food, as she made it with the help of her sister. "Thank you, Koko." Zhago said to the girl serving the food.

"You're welcome, Zhago." Koko replied. She kept serving food to the other tables.

Eventually, Sidon managed to break the ice with Uten. "So, Uten, how have you been holding up?"

"I've been alright." Uten replied after eating some pie.

"That sounds great!" Sidon said with some enthusiasm. He looked around at the villagers and how sad they were and quietly sipped some soup. He didn't like hurting others' feelings, and also hadn't been to an event like this in a long time. The only person who he truly lost in his life was his older sister, Mipha, and she died when he was a small child then, so he didn't have a good recollection of what it was like during the time of her death. Also having the burden of being the Zora Champion of Hyrule meant keeping the representation of the Zora Tribe in a positive standing, and while although he himself is a positive person, he knows about respecting the boundaries of others. But he really needed to say something important. "Uten, what do you plan on doing after this?"

Uten finished her slice of pie. "I plan on going back to Zora's Domain and staying there. I have a new friend right here named Tipa, and I want her to stay with me." Uten showed the Hylian girl with horns on her head to Sidon.

"That's very interesting. How did she get horns on her head?" Sidon asked.

"It's a long story. Did you want to tell me something, Prince?" Uten replied.

Sidon took his eyes off Tipa's horns and back to Uten. "Oh yes, I have something important to say about my father."

"King Dorephan?!" Uten exclaimed.

"Yes, he has caught a rare disease, and he's been sick for a week. When Zelda was with us, she identified that this disease could be cured by something found in the Gerudo Region."

"So who's going to retrieve it? Surely enough none of us Zora can deal with even existing in the Gerudo Region. That place would dehydrate us in a moment's notice." Uten quickly understood why Sidon was speaking to her about this. "Wait a moment, you don't mean you're expecting me to go there, right?"

"Precisely, I believe you would be the best person for the job. I've heard of your travels so far and while none of them have brought you to a place as hot as the Gerudo Desert, you still managed to pull through in each of your adventures." Sidon said this and smiled greatly at Uten.

"I haven't done anything amazing or as cool as you, Sidon. Don't make me blush." Uten said sarcastically.

"You traveled through the Lost Woods, correct?" Sidon said.