1%

Most people wanted to read the story about Carla saying 'I love you too'. So I wrote one, but in this one she didn't leave.
————————————————————
It took a lot of convincing, especially from Samuel's part, to get Carla to stay. She wanted to leave, to forget everything that had happened. She longed for a fresh start, where people didn't see her as the jealous, lying ex or the accomplice to a murder. The last year changed her, she became a better person while doing the wrong thing. First she did everything possible to cover up the truth about Marina, but then she saw how it was destroying people. She was confronted with real feelings, both love and hate. She started seeing the world more realistically, she realized that her wealth and status weren't guaranteed. It was nothing worth if you didn't have someone to share it with. And she found that person. She found Samuel.

She found him when she least expected it. She found him when her life was close to hitting rock bottom. But he got her out of it, though he didn't really know just how much of an effect he had on her. During that time, he was the only good thing in her life, her own piece of happiness. She liked the sneaking around and the secrets, that way he was just hers. But of course they couldn't make it last, not when they were playing their games. So when he pretty much forced her to confess with his whole disappearance act, her happiness slipped out of her hands. She never thought that when the time would come, he could actually hurt her. She underestimated him big time. After his stunt, she fell back into misery, even deeper than before. With no one to share her pain and sorrow with, she turned to drugs. She wanted to numb the pain he caused her, she felt so stupid and ashamed. After a while it was just a routine, she couldn't go without her 'pills of happiness' as Valerio liked to call them. But she went just a little too far, she almost died. That experience shook her awake, she realized she could've lost everything. Before, she didn't think she had much to lose, but it turned out she did. She could've lost him. She thought she was still mad at him, but she was just hurt. So when the whole situation with her father was resolved, she was going to tell Samuel she needed him, despite the past mistakes. They were just idiots who were playing a game that was bound to go wrong. But even after all the manipulation and lies, they caught strong feelings for each other. And she wasn't going to let him slip away because of that stupid game. She loved him.

That night was, once again, ruined by Polo. Why did he have to show up? Why did he have to try to make amends? Why did he have to die? Why did he have to make her feel like shit again, when she was finally feeling better? His death was the last straw, she couldn't do this again. Maybe she just needed to leave, to find the love and happiness somewhere else. Her friends tried to make her stay, saying that it was finally over. She didn't listen though, why would she? The exact same thing that happened with Marina, happened again, only with Polo this time. It wasn't like she was a 100% convinced that leaving was the best thing, it was probably like 99%. But still, it was a convincing amount. So she packed her bags and left for the airport.

Little did she know, Samuel had watched too many romantic movies, and chased her through the airport. She purposely didn't kiss him the last time she spoke to him, she purposely didn't text him goodbye. If she had done that, she knew she wouldn't be able to leave, he was the 1% that could get her to stay. So when she saw him sprinting towards her and gave her a begging look, telling her that she was needed, loved and adored, she couldn't help it. She gave him a passionate kiss, wanting to feel everything he just told her, wanting to know if it's true. And the way he grabbed her by the waist, gently brushed his lips on hers, embracing her and whispering sweet nothings in her ear, she was convinced. She needed him, she needed this feeling, it was like he was her medicine. So they turned around and went back home.

Now it's 2 months later and they're still infatuated with each other. The adoration in Carla's eyes when she watched him draw at his desk while she was laying in his bed, just watching him. The admirable look Samuel had in his eyes when he woke up and found her already studying at the coffee table, with her hair still messy, glasses on and just wearing one of his shirts. You could say they were the perfect couple, every moment they could spent together was utilized. Though they gave each other space when needed, letting the other grow and figure it out on their own, while still on the background, ready to catch them if they fell. One of those moments where they had to catch each other, literally, was a particular special night for the both of them.