Just breathe

This one shot is set in the future. Carla and Samuel have been together for 3 years now. They met again when Carla came back to Madrid. It's all going great but Carla still thinks about Marina. She still feels guilty.
———————————————————
Samuel was laying on the couch, just scrolling through Instagram. He saw a post from Omar, he was on vacation with Ander. After all they had been through, Samuel was glad that his friends worked out their issues. He liked and commented. Then he saw his timer go off. He got up, walked to the kitchen and started stirring the tomato sauce. After 4 years he finally perfected his macaroni recipe to Carla's liking. He checked his watch, she should come home from work any minute now. Somehow Samuel still felt privileged to be with her. Even though he knew she didn't like the name, he still lived with a Marchioness. He smiled to himself, he knew he was lucky to have her. After all the games, pain and broken hearts they made it work. And now they're both successful. Samuel was working as a lawyer and Carla was managing the Wineries. Both of them had time consuming jobs but they always made sure that they made time for each other. They agreed that when they were on a date or just snuggled up on the couch they wouldn't think about work.

Samuel turned up the volume of the radio and started dancing a little, while stirring in the sauce. He heard the door open and turned around. She greeted him with a big smile, she loved the sight of him cooking in just his grey sweatpants with no shirt on. Suddenly she was overwhelmed with a realization, this was something only she got to see. She is the only one who gets to wake up next to him every morning, she is the only one he'd perfect his macaroni recipe for, she is the only one who gets to kiss him and she's the only one he makes love to. "What are you smiling for?" He chuckled while walking towards her. "Just admiring the view, I guess." She said with a smile as she took of her heels. Samuel made a spin "you like this huh?" He joked. "Hm it's alright" she commented in a nonchalant way "Oh don't you lie to me miss Caleruega" he said as he placed one hand on her back and took her hand in his own, he started dancing with her. She laughed a little, Samuel was glad he was still able to make her laugh. "You're right, the face is perfect" she smirked. Samuel raised his eyebrows "just the face? What about this smoking hot body? Seems pretty perfect to me." He playfully put her hand on his abs. Carla looked at him with adoration, she loved when he acted like a clown. It made her feel like they were in the honeymoon phase, which they were frantically still in. She looked him up and down "I've seen better" she said with a playful smile on her face. Samuel laughed out loud "aha, well this morning you said something different. In fact I think you moaned it" Carla slapped him lightly on the chest and let out a little gasp "okay mister confident, as I remember, you were the one saying all those things to me this morning. In fact I think you moaned it." Samu laughed "alright then, I'll let you win this round. Only because I have to turn the stove off or else we won't have anything to eat." He said. He pecked her on the lips and walked towards the kitchen. "You let me win because you know I'm right" she laughed. "I like to practice my right to remain silent" he said as he threw his hands up. "Right, well I'm going to change and then I'll join you for dinner."

During dinner they talked about their day and discussed where they wanted to go on vacation. They did the dishes together and watched la Casa de Papel. Carla was laying with her head on his lap as Samuel played with her hair. "Rio is so cute" Carla remarked. "Uhm excuse me?" Samuel said. "Don't worry baby, I like my men shorter." Samuel placed his hand on his heart and pretended to be hurt. "Ouch that one hurt." Carla just laughed. Samuel continued "well it's good that you prefer me over him, you wouldn't want Tokio banging on you door." They laughed together. Carla grabbed his hand an placed a quick kiss on it, a silent "I love you". Samuel received the message. Around 1 AM they headed off to bed. "I'm going to take a quick shower before bed." Carla informed Samuel. "Okay" he responded as he was changing in to his pyjama's. "And you're taking it with me" she said seductively "that way you can show me your self proclaimed 'perfect body' again." Samuel didn't need more convincing and sprinted towards her, picking her up and throwing her over his shoulders. Carla screamed and laughed. Let's just say, it was a very long shower.